How to Apply
You've decided that Trinity College Dublin is right for your undergraduate career, so how do you apply? An application can be created in a few simple steps.
- Go to the Courses website and find the course you love.
- Read the user guide for non-EU applicants.
- Apply by selecting the 'Non-EU Application' link under the course description.* You can save your application and return to it, but remember to submit it when you're finished!
*An application fee of €55 is applicable for all direct applications to Trinity College Dublin. This payment must be made online following the instructions on the application form. The online application processing fee is non-refundable. The course application will not be submitted to Trinity College Dublin until the application fee is paid in full.
1 February for admissions decision by 1 April
1 February for Music, Drama, Dental Science and Medicine
1 June for Advanced Entry
30 June for rolling decisions
As part of the online application, applicants will also need to submit original or certified true* copies of:
- Final second level qualification results
- IELTS, Cambridge Advanced/Proficiency, TOEFL scores, for applicants whose first language is not English
- Academic transcripts for each year of third level study and all third level qualifications awarded
- SAT, AP or ACT scores (US and Canadian applicants only)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application fee (non-refundable) and application fee payment form
Please note that where the statement of examination results is in a language other than English, applicants should submit a certified true translation of the statement along with a certified true copy of their original results with the application.
*A certified true copy is a photocopy of an original document that has been signed and stamped by a school principal or other official.
Managing Your Application
Once you have submitted an online application, you will be sent an acknowledgement email to the email address you provided when setting up your user account on the my.tcd.ie applicant portal. The applicant portal will allow you to send and receive communications regarding your application to Trinity College Dublin. You will be able to track the progress of your application at every stage of the admissions process, update your personal information, view decisions made on your application(s) and accept any offers you may receive. The application form provides a space to name an agent (usually a parent) who may communicate with the Admissions Office on your behalf. You must nominate an agent if you wish anyone other than yourself to be permitted to exchange information about your application with the office.
If you have any queries regarding your application to Trinity College Dublin please contact the Academic Registry.