Trinity College Dublin

Skip to main content.

Core links

College Maps

Dining Hall

The Dining Hall was originally designed by Richard Castle but after its collapse (on two separate occasions) the building was rebuilt by Hugh Darley in c.1760. The exterior is Ionic in style, the finest part of its interior is the staircase and the Common Room. In 1984 the building was severely damaged by fire and has since been restored receiving, along with the Atrium, the Europa nostra 1987 Medal of Honor in recognition of the splendid restoration. Of particular note is the reproduction of Adolph Loos American Bar in Vienna's Kartner Strasse that was installed in the former Senior Common Room.

Accessibility: All levels (more info)


Last updated 25 November 2009 by College Maps.