* * * We have moved! Please visit our new website: www.dublinhistoryresearch.ie * * *
History of the City of Dublin Research Group
• Introduction • About • Events • Listings • Links
Professor David Dickson
Dr Lisa-Marie Griffith
Dr Ciaran O’Neill
Dr Ciarán Wallace
* * *
Running order: Grave Matters; Death and Dying in Dublin 1500 - 2000
A one day conference at Glasnevin Cemetery
* * *
The History of the City of Dublin Research Group brings together national and international scholars working in the field of post-medieval Dublin from the disciplines of Architecture, Archeology, Art History, English Studies, Geography and History. The site lists major and minor studies, completed and ongoing projects, useful web-resources and up-to-date news on the field.
The site incorporates research on themes including:
- Civic Life
- Print Culture
- Urban environment
- Finance and Economic
- Social history
- Civic and National Politics
The History of the City of Dublin Research Group was formed in 2008 with initial funding from the TCD Centre for Irish-Scottish and Comparative Studies. A call was published seeking information on current research on any aspect of post-medieval Dublin, and out of that exercise a listing of individuals and institutions actively working on Dublin has been put together.
The group aims to:
- Promote and encourage research on post-medieval Dublin
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between researchers across the disciplines
- Maintain a searchable and up-to-date listing of research, digitization projects and resources on the history and development of post-medieval Dublin
- Organize occasional events relating to the history of the city
- Provide links to useful websites for researchers
The group organizers warmly welcome new participants working on any aspect of the development of Dublin after 1500 to contribute their contact and research details. You can download the attached form and send it to email@example.com for inclusion on the webpage.
The History of the City of Dublin Research Group is organised by Prof. David Dickson, Dr. Lisa Marie Griffith and Dr. Ciarán Wallace.
Back To Top