Health Eating On Campus
Eating healthily on campus is a combination of knowledge and choice. You can read more about balanced, healthy eating here (PDF, 68 kB) so that you have the tools to make healthy choices.
There are a wide variety of catering facilities on campus. The staff at catering services are well-informed about healthy eating and make every effort to provide healthy choices at all venues and at all times. Here are some of the positive changes that have been made in recent times:
- A healthy meal option is available every day
- Roast meats are cooked on racks to allow the fat to drain away
- Vegetable oil is used in cooking
- Vegetables are steamed and no butter is added to the finished products
- Low fat mayonnaise is used for salads
- Low fat dressings are available
- Wholemeal and brown breads are available as alternatives to white
- Healthy snacks are available in all areas. These are clearly labelled in a healthy eating section
If you have any questions or suggestions about healthy eating on campus, please contact your healthy promotion officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.