Two Subject Moderatorship TSM German
The Two Subject Moderatorship allows students to combine two subjects up to degree level in each. With its balance between breadth and specialization, TSM is one of the most popular and successful TCD degrees.
If you have discovered a strong aptitude and interest in German and want to develop a deeper understanding of the countries where the language is spoken, their literature, culture, history, society and mentality, TSM German is almost certainly for you.
This course aims to develop an advanced proficiency in spoken and written German and an advanced understanding of modern German culture and its historical roots, by providing students with the opportunity to acquire
- a high degree of oral and written proficiency in all its registers, via an integrated and systematically advancing sequence of language modules over the various years of the programme
- a thorough grasp of a wide variety of critical approaches to German literature in its most significant manifestations
- a basic theoretical and historical knowledge of the German language
- an informed understanding of the culture, history, political, social and economic structures of German-speaking countries today.
TSM German combines study of German with that of another subject over a four-year period. For the range of possible combinations and general information about the TSM programme, see here:
- First year
- Second year
- Third year
- Fourth Year
- Second and third year seminars
- Year Abroad
- Graduates in TSM German
For entry requirements, application procedures and other general College admissions information, please contact the Admissions Office.