2016-17 Creative Arts Practitioner in Residence
The Trinity Long Room Hub is delighted to welcome Maarten Rischen as the Creative Arts Practitioner in Residence for 2016-17. Maarten Rischen is a musician/ composer/ theatre maker from Holland, currently based in Shenzhen (China), who acquired his MA Contemporary Music at the Royal University of Groningen in 2010.
He writes for and performs in the context of bands, experimental/ music theatre, film and modern dance. As the 2016/2017 Arts Practitioner In Residence for the Trinity Long Room Hub Maarten will research ways to devise a performance/ space in which existing and emerging technologies aid optimal human performance and creativity, counteracting the negative influences of “mismatches” as described by evolutionary psychology.
- Creative Arts Practitioner in Resident 2015-16: Michael Gallen
- Rivers Unseen
- School of Creative Arts
- Living in Lockdown: The Archives of the Trinity College Community during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Crisis Blog (1 July 2020): Language and the Pandemic with Kristina Varade, Visiting Research Fellow at the Trinity Long Room Hub
- Beyond 22 project marks 98th anniversary of Four Courts fire
- COVID-19 Crisis Blog (24 June 2020): Essential Workers and the Pandemic with author Caitriona Lally