Other Systematic Reviews
The following are a list of academic staff (in alphabetical order) who have published other Systematic Reviews
Professor Anne-Marie Brady
- Duff A-M, Lambe, G. Donlon, N. Donohoe, C. Brady, A-M., Reynolds, J. (2022) Interventions targeting postoperative pulmonary complications (PPCs) in patients undergoing esophageal cancer surgery: a systematic review of randomized clinical trials and narrative discussion, Diseases of the Esophagus, 2022, doac017, https://doi.org/10.1093/dote/doac017
- Boland, V., Drury, A., Sheaf, G., Brady, A-M. (2022) Living with or beyond lymphoma: a rapid review of the unmet needs of lymphoma survivors. Psychooncology. 31(7): 1076-1101.DOI
- McGarrigle SA, Prizeman G, Spillane C, Byrne N, Drury A, Mockler D, Connolly EM, Brady AM, Hanhauser YP. Decision aids for female BRCA mutation carriers: a scoping review protocol. BMJ Open. 2021 Jul 12;11(7):e045075. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-045075. PMID: 34253662; PMCID: PMC8276307.
Dr Sonam Banka-Cullen
- Banka-Cullen, PS., Lavelle Cafferkey, S., McDonagh, D., Walsh, D., Comiskey, C. (2022) In Plain Sight: A Rapid Review of the International Literature and a National Estimate of the Prevalence of Women Who Use Substances and Experience Domestic Violence in Ireland. SAOL Project. ISBN: 978-1-7396555-0-1 (printed version) ISBN: 978-1-7396555-1-8 (e-version). https://www.saolproject.ie/project-davina-sub-page
- Banka-Cullen, PS., Comiskey, C., Zeni, MB., Gutierrez, A., Arzola, S., Menon, U. (In Preparation) Nurse prescribing practices across the globe for Medication-Assisted Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD): A Scoping Review.
Mr Muluken Basa
- Basa, M. and Comiskey, C. (2022) Prevalence and associated factors of khat chewing among pregnant women: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. medRxiv: 2022.2004.2021.22274111
Dr Éadaoin Butler
- McCann, M., Kelly, A.M., Eustace-Cook, J., Howlin, C. & Daly, L. (2021) Community nurses' attitudes, knowledge and educational needs in relation to urinary continence, continence assessment and management: A systematic review, Journal of Clinical Nursing. DOI
Dr Louise Daly
- Daly L., Fahey McCarthy E. and Timmins F. (2016) The experience of spirituality from the perspective of people living with dementia: A systematic review and meta-synthesis, Dementia, https://doi.org/10.1177/1471301216680425.
Dr John Dinsmore
- 'Digital exercise interventions to improve measures of central obesity or centrally obese individuals: a systematic review', International Journal of Public Health (2020), 65(5), 593-605, https://dx.doi.org/10.1007%2Fs00038-020-01385-4 [Ballin M., Hult A., Bjork S., Dinsmore J., Nordstrom P., Nordstrom A.]
- 'Access to assistive technology for people with intellectual disabilities: a systematic review to identify barriers and facilitators', Journal of Intellectual Disability Research (2018), 62(10), 900-921, https://doi.org/10.1111/jir.12532 [Boot F., Owuor J., Dinsmore J., MacLachlan M.]
- Owuor J., Larkin F., Kayabu., Fitzgerald G., Sheaf G., Dinsmore J., McConkey R., Clarke M., MacLachlan M., Does Assistive Technology Contribute to Social Inclusion for People with Intellectual Disability? A Systematic Review Protocol, BMJ, 2018, p10 URL
Dr Carmel Doyle
- Sheerin, F., Wuytack, F., Eustace-Cooke, J. & Doyle, C. (2019) Medication management in intellectual disability settings: A systematic review. Journal of Intellectual Disabilities. November https://doi.org/10.1177/1744629519886184
Ms Sarah Jackson
- Sarah Jackson, Zubair Kabir, Catherine Comiskey. Effects of migration on tuberculosis epidemiological indicators in low and medium tuberculosis incidence countries: A systematic review. Journal of Clinical Tuberculosis and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, Volume 23, 2021, 100225, ISSN 2405-5794, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jctube.2021.100225
Ms Louise Lynch
- Lynch, L., McCarron, M., McCallion, P. and Burke, E., 2021. Sedentary behaviour levels in adults with an intellectual disability: a systematic review and meta-analysis. HRB Open Research, 4.
Professor Amanda Phelan
Professor Valerie Smith
- Mikton, C., Beaulieu, M., Yon, Y., Cadieux Genesse, J., St-Martin, K., Byrne, M., Phelan, A., Storey, J., Rogers, M., Campbell., Ali, P., Burnes, D., Band-Winterstein, T., Penhale, B., Lachs, M., Pillemer, K., Estenson, L., Marnfeldt, K. (in press) PROTOCOL: Global elder abuse: A mega-map of systematic reviews on prevalence, consequences, risk and protective factors and interventions, Campbell Collaboration.
- Hanum Mohd Mydin, F., Mikton, C., Wan Yuen, C., Hisham Shanmugam, R., Yon, Y., Murray, A., Mohd Yunus, R., Naqiah Hairi, N., Mohd Hairi, F., Beaulieu, M. & Phelan, A. (in press) Psychometric Properties of Instruments for Measuring Elder Abuse and Neglect in Community and Institutional Settings: A Systematic Review, Campbell Collaboration.
- Teehan, A., Lafferty, A., McAuliffe, E., Phelan, A., O'Sullivan, L., Shea, D., Nicolson, E. & Fealy, G. (2020) Psychosocial Interventions for Family Carers of People with Dementia: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis, Journal of Ageing & Health. DOI
- Gewirtz-Meydan, A., Hafford-Letchfield, T., Ayalon, T., Benyamini, Y., Biermann, V., Coffey, A., Jackson, J., Phelan, A., Geiger Zeman, M. & Zeman, A. (2019) How do older people discuss their own sexuality? A systematic review of qualitative research studies Culture, Health and Sexuality. DOI
- Teahan, Á., Lafferty, A., McAuliffe, E., Phelan, A., O'Sullivan, L., O'Shea, D. & Fealy, G. (2018) Resilience in family caregiving for people with dementia: A systematic review. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 33(12), 1582-1595.
- Teahan, Á., Lafferty, A., Fealy, G., McAuliffe, E., Phelan, A., O'Sullivan, L. & O'Shea, E. (2016) An evidence synthesis of resilience in dementia caregiving: A systematic review, Age & Aging. 45(sup 2), ii1.
- Healy P, Edwards PJ, Smith V, Murphy E, Newell J, Burke E, Meskell P, Galvin S, Lynn P, Stovold E, McCarthy B, Biesty LM, Devane D. Design-based methods to influence the completeness of response to self-administered questionnaires (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2018, Issue 7, MR000048.
- Wuytack F, Lutje V, Jakobsen JC et al. Sexual transmission of Hepatitis C Virus infection in a heterosexual population: A systematic review [version 1; referees: 1 approved]. HRB Open Res, 2018, 1:10.
- Davis K, Gorst SL, Harman N, Smith V, Gargon E, Altman DG, et al. Choosing important health outcomes for comparative effectiveness research: An updated systematic review and involvement of low and middle income countries. PLoS ONE, 2018, 13(2): e0190695.
- Biesty LM, Egan AM, Dunne F, Smith V, Meskell P, Dempsey E, Ni Bhuinneain GM, Devane D. Planned birth at or near term for improving health outcomes for pregnant women with pre-existing diabetes and their infants. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2018, Issue 2, CD012948.
- Biesty LM, Egan AM, Dunne F, Dempsey E, Meskell P, Smith V, Ni Bhuinneain GM, Devane D. Planned birth at or near term for improving health outcomes for pregnant women with gestational diabetes and their infants. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2018, Issue 1, CD012910.
- Wuytack F, Meskell P, Conway A, McDaid F, Santesso N, Hickey FG, Gillespie P, Raymakers AJN, Smith V, Devane D. The effectiveness of physiologically based early warning or track and trigger systems after triage in adult patients presenting to emergency departments: a systematic review. BMC Emergency Medicine, 2017, 17:38.
- Ramasubbu DA, Smith V, Hayden F, Cronin P. Systemic antibiotics for treating malignant wounds. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2017, Issue 8, CD011609.
- Corry M, Smith V, Neenan K, Brabyn S. Telephone interventions, delivered by healthcare professionals, for educating and psychosocially supporting informal caregivers of adults with diagnosed illnesses (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2017, Issue 1. CD012533.
- Smith V. Begley C. Devane D. Chapter 11: Technology in childbirth – exploring women’s views of fetal monitoring during labour: a systematic review. In Church S. Downe S. Frith L. Balaam MC. Berg M. Smith V. van der Walt C. Van Teijlingen E. (Edts). New Thinking on Improving on Improving Maternity Care: International Perspectives. 2017, Pinter and Martin: Worldwide.
- Devane D, Lalor JG, Daly S, McGuire W, Cuthbert A, Smith V. Cardiotocography versus intermittent auscultation of fetal heart on admission to labour ward for assessment of fetal wellbeing (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2017, Issue 1. CD005122.
- Wuytack F, Lutje V, Tohme R, Jakobsen JC, Weiss KH, Flanagan P, Smith V, Gethin G, Murphy L, Smyth S, Devane D. Sexual transmission of Hepatitis C Virus infection in a heterosexual population, a systematic review. 2017, National Clinical Effectiveness Committee, Department of Health: Dublin.
- Wuytack F, Meskell P, Conway A, McDaid F, Santesso N, Hickey F, Gillespie P, Smith V, Devane D. Clinical and cost-effectiveness of physiologically based early warning or track and trigger or scoring systems after triage in adult patients presenting to emergency departments: A systematic review. 2016, National Clinical Effectiveness Committee, Department of Health: Dublin.
- Gorst SL, Gargon E, Clarke M, Smith V, Williamson PR. Choosing important health outcomes for comparative effectiveness research: an updated review and identification of gaps. PLoS ONE, 2016, 11(12): Art-No. e0168403.
- Wuytack F, Smith V, Cleary BJ. Oral non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (single dose) for perineal pain in the early postpartum period (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2016, Issue 7. CD011352.
- Mangesi L, Hofmeyr GJ. Smith V, Smyth RMD. Fetal movement counting for assessment of fetal wellbeing (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2015, Issue 10. CD004909.
- Ramasubbu, DA. Smith V. Hayden F. Cronin P. Systemic antibiotics for treating malignant wounds (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2015, Issue 4, CD011609.
- Nilsson C, Lundgren I, Smith V, Vehvilainen-Julkunen K, Nicoletti J, Devane D, Bernloehr A, van Limbeek E, Lalor J, Begley C. Women-centred interventions to increase vaginal birth after caesarean section (VBAC): a systematic review. Midwifery, 2015, 31:7, 657-663.
- Lundgren I, Smith V, Nilsson C, Vehvilainen-Julkunen K, Nicoletti J, Devane D, Bernloehr A, van Limbeek E, Lalor J, Begley C. Clinician-centred interventions to increase vaginal birth after caesarean section (VBAC): a systematic review. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 2015, 15:16.
- Corry M, While A, Keenan K, Smith V. A systematic review of systematic reviews on interventions for caregivers of people with chronic conditions. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 2015, 71:4, 718-734.
- Devane D, Clarke M, Sandall J, Hughes P, Doherty E, Hampson L, Coohill M, Faherty G, Murphy A, Morrison J, Costello J, Morrison M, Smith V. Early warning scores in maternity care: A systematic review. National Clinical Effectiveness Committee: Dublin, 2014.
- Wuytack F, Smith V. Oral non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (single dose) for perineal pain in the early postpartum period (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2014, Issue 10: CD011352.
- Smith V, Daly D, Lundgren I, Eri T, Benstoem C, Devane D. Salutogenically focused outcomes in systematic reviews of intrapartum interventions: A systematic review of systematic reviews, Midwifery 2014, 30, e151-e156.
- Smith V, Begley C, Clarke M, Devane D. (2012) Professionals’ views of fetal monitoring during labour: a systematic review and thematic analysis. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth Journal 12:165, DOI: 10.1186/1471-2393-12-166.
- Smith V, Devane D, Begley CM, Clarke M, Higgins S. A systematic review and quality assessment of systematic reviews of randomised trials of interventions for preventing and treating preterm birth. European J of Obstets, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology 2009, 142, 3-9.
- Smith V, Devane D, Begley CM, Clarke M, Higgins S. A systematic review and quality assessment of systematic reviews of fetal fibronectin and transvaginal cervical length for predicting preterm birth. European J of Obstets, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2007, 133, 134-142.