Dublin Midlands Hospital Group
This research study has been completed for the Dublin Midlands Hospital Group.
Title of study: Registered General Nurses’ self-assessed needs in respect of supporting individuals with mental health problems in the acute care setting: a needs analysis.
The aim of our survey is to assess general nurses’ needs in relation to supporting patients with mental health problems in the acute care setting.
Study objectives are as follows:
- To determine whether Registered General Nurses’ feel adequately equipped to support individuals with mental health problems in the acute care setting:
- To determine what education and training needs general nurses identify as being helpful in supporting individuals with mental health problems in the acute care setting;
- Registered General Nurses currently working in the five acute care general setting within the Dublin Midlands Hospital Group (DMHG) and who choose to complete the survey.
This study has received ethical approval from the Ethics Committee in the School of Nursing and Midwifery TCD and from the relevant ethics committees in the Dublin Midlands Hospital Group. Benefits: Results of this survey will be used to develop an educational programme for RGNs working in acute hospitals.
Risks: There are minimal risks to this study. We realise that some people may find this survey upsetting or stressful to complete. If you feel upset or distressed in any way, you do not have to continue with the survey and can stop the survey at any time. You can also contact the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) in your organisation for support. This website contains information for EAP for the different organisations in Dublin Midlands Hospital Group.
Confidentiality: SurveyMonkey is a secure website and the data will be encrypted and therefore your identity cannot be tracked or traced. The survey is totally anonymous. We will not be collecting any personal information such as e-mail or IP addresses. Thus, confidentiality is guaranteed as data will be returned anonymously. The name of the hospital will not be disclosed. The research team are as follows:
Dr Gobnait Byrne, Dr Michael Nash, Dr Mary Mooney, Dr. Frances O'Brien, Ms. Geraldine Prizeman (School of Nursing & Midwifery, Trinity College Dublin).
You can get more information or answers to any questions on the study from Dr Gobnait Byrne at 01-8963105 or Gobnait.email@example.com.
What must I do:
- Complete the online survey. The survey will take about ten minutes of your time.
- Please answer all the questions asked. Remember there are no right or wrong answers.
This study is funded by the Midlands NMPDU Unit.