Next planned delivery for Workplace Wellness 9th May - 30th May 2023
Register your interest/apply below:
Learn more about the programme
|Qualification||Certificate of Completion|
|Duration||Every Tuesday, 4 weeks, each 10-1 pm
|Course Fees||€950 per person
Early bird rate: €750
|Course Dates||Starting Tuesday, May 9th - May 30th|
|Course Content||Session 1: A Framework for Sustainable Workplace Wellbeing
Session 2: A Shared Ownership for Wellbeing
Session 3: Establishing a Business Case for Wellbeing
Session 4: Gathering Wellbeing Data in your organisation
Workplace wellbeing can be described as a combination of how staff feel about themselves, their colleagues, and their work. Fundamentally, it aims to ensure that people are safe, healthy and engaged at work and can lead to reduced incidences of stress and injury while simultaneously delivering enhanced productivity.
Organisational leadership underpinned by effective HR policy plays a significant role in ensuring organisations achieve well-being goals. Initiatives that support such goals can include employee assistance programmes, flexible working arrangements, adaptability and resilience training and healthy eating programmes. Establishing a robust culture of health and wellbeing that is aligned with organisational strategy is essential to ensuring the future well-being of our workforces. This programme offers a great first step in achieving this for your organisation.
This programme is an in-depth exploration of the knowledge and tools required to establish a successful well-being programme in the workplace. It introduces an evidence-based framework that maps the stages that culminate in a robust workplace wellbeing programme. It explores how the correlation between an organisation’s well-being vision and its strategic ambition can be exploited to make a compelling business case for well-being in any organisation. It offers tools that help identify both current state and future wellbeing targets, ensuring that measurable well-being objectives can be identified, implemented and tracked.
Participants will leave the programme with a clear framework to design, implement and sustain a successful workplace wellbeing programme. A programme that not only improves the mental and physical health of its workforce but also, supports, aligns and complements their organisational processes, strategies and culture.
Who is this programme for?
Specifically, this programme is designed for mid-senior leaders and will enable them to:
- Embed a culture of health in their organisation through supported, inclusive and intentional workplace wellbeing practices
- Drive workplace wellbeing initiatives within their organisation
- Reflect on the current well-being story of their organisation, and its people and improve it iteratively for continued future success
Who can I contact for more information about the Masterclass?
Contact: Shay Butler, HCI Programme Manager - email@example.com
A Framework for Sustainable Workplace Wellbeing
A step-by-step guide
- The current landscape of workplace wellbeing in Ireland and internationally
- The 8-steps to an effective and sustainable programme
- The role of leadership
- Where to start with your well-being programme
- Reflection Question: What’s the most important Workplace Wellbeing problem for you and your team to solve at work?
A Shared Ownership for Wellbeing
Create a team of Wellbeing Champions
- Wellbeing as a shared value across an organisation
- Team creation, function and remit
- The importance of diversity across your wellbeing champion network
Establishing a Business Case for Wellbeing
Establish supporting foundations for Workplace Wellbeing
- The Business Case for wellbeing: Aligning your well-being vision with that of your organisation
- Techniques to establish and sustain committed and aligned leadership for your well-being initiatives
- Bridges and barriers to well-being in your organisation
- Reflection Question: To make progress on your Workplace Wellbeing problem who are the leaders you need to secure support from?
Gathering Wellbeing Data in your organisation
Measurement and metrics
- Tools – data gathering tools and techniques to mine valuable well-being insights
- Diagnostics – establishing the current state of wellbeing in your organisation
- Measurement – setting your wellbeing targets and determining the optimal means of measuring and monitoring these targets.
- Reflection Question: To make progress on your Workplace Wellbeing problem what metrics might you want to track and what data do you need to track their implementation?
This programme focuses on an evidence-based framework for implementing a successful well-being programme in the workplace. It recognises the importance of purposeful and intentional well-being acts when building a meaningful and sustained well-being programme. A carefully crafted programme needs structure, support and metrics to be successful.
Brian Crooke - Founder of Workplace Wellbeing Ireland
Brian is a well-being educator, speaker and adviser, empowering Irish organisations to promote and sustain wellbeing within their workplaces. He is the founder of the Workplace Wellbeing Ireland community and is the course lead for the Postgraduate Certificate in Workplace Wellness at Tangent, Trinity College Dublin.
Programme dates and structure
Next planned delivery: 9th - 30th May
4 x Masterclass sessions:
- Session 1: A Framework for Sustainable Workplace Wellbeing
- Session 2: A Shared Ownership for Wellbeing
- Session 3: Establishing a Business Case for Wellbeing
- Session 4: Gathering Wellbeing Data in your organisation
Highly recommend this course. It was inspirational and practical. Clear structure with real-world practices on how to integrate Well-being in your organisation at every level.
- Niamh Conlon Leadership Life & Career Coach