Tangent’s talent development programmes are designed to help organisations and individuals develop new thinking and practice; to shape their future and recognise the opportunities therein. We offer open courses, in-house training, masterclasses, summer schools and boot-camps in the areas of creativity, innovation, design skills and corporate entrepreneurship.
Storytelling for Business Success
Whether you need people to collaborate on an organisational goal, support culture change or simply get excited about following your lead, strong storytelling skills are essential. Today’s business landscape is increasingly complicated and digitally demanding with fierce competition. Narrative, the ancient art of storytelling has emerged as a core tool to help businesses of any size, meet the challenge of communicating to diverse audiences on multiple platforms in a way that is focused, purposeful and effective.
Communicating the value of your product or services is essential. We might not always remember the detail of what someone said but we do remember how we feel listening to them... and we remember the story! The art of storytelling can help transform how we articulate and influence.
1-Day Masterclass Delivered in Dublin
What topics will you cover?
This one-day Masterclass will you will learn how to refine and shape your idea using a narrative approach that brings clarity to your communication, inspiring people to pay attention and take action. You will learn about the science of storytelling, observe recent case-studies and come away having gained practical tools and techniques that will enable you to bring your vision to life and create stories that influence and transform.
- Session 1: An introduction to business storytelling
- Session 2: The science of story
- Session 3: The skill of storytelling
- Session 4: How we can use strategic story in our businesses going forward
At the end of this Masterclass, you will be able to:
- Gain a framework that will help you develop and hone your story
- Understand your audience, their needs, and what you’re trying to achieve with your big idea
- Create a prototype of your story that will help you shape it, share it with others, and make it more powerful
- Increase your ability to engage and inspire others through the development of tone and style
- Craft a story that brings your vision to life and motivates others toward action and leave with a bank of simple, short stories to help communicate the true authentic value of your business that ultimately help you sell your work / message to clients and customers
- Reference your certification of competition for a course at Tangent, Trinity’s Ideas Workspace
When does the course start?
- Dates: October 22nd 2020 (1 day)
- Schedule: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Format: In-person (can be delivered on-line if restrictions are in place).
- Course Fees: €625
Registration closes on October 1st 2020 at 5pm.
Who teaches the course?
Sally Murphy has an over two decades experience as a communications consultant, a creative entrepreneur, a writer, mentor and project manager. Sally delivers projects that have real meaning and make a positive change. Her attention to detail, crisp communication and inspired concepts are trademarks and her unique expertise lies in the creative concept and practical realisation of ideas, from brain - to page - to production. Sally has diverse clients including Google, Trinity College, The Public Service and the Aviation Sector.
How is the course delivered?
The course is a highly interactive, classroom-based module using story, videos, interactive presentations, case study and practical exercises.
What if the course has to be delivered on-line?
That’s no problem at all – we have lots of experience and expertise here. The course will be delivered through Trinity’s Virtual Learning Environment Blackboard, using videos, interactive presentations, case studies and additional resources.
How do I register and pay for the course?
Application is Open – Apply now in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the form.
- Follow up call will be scheduled.
- Payment link will be sent to you and you are all set.
Closing date for course registration is October 1st 2020 at 5pm.
Course fees of €625 include access to the course via Blackboard for 6 weeks and a certificate of completion when all multiple choice questions have been attempted.
Please be aware that participation in the course does not include access to the Trinity Library or other student services.
This course can be considered towards CPD for professionals.
TCD Tangent Certificate of competition is conferred on all who complete the course.