Organisations, institutions and society as a whole faces challenges that are complex and multi-faceted. These challenges are often referred to as wicked problems. Such challenges require multidimensional solutions. Design Thinking provides an excellent framework to explore user centred solutions to challenges in an iterative manner. Rather than being problem-focused, it is solution focused, and action oriented. It involves both analysis and imagination.
Design Thinking has its roots in industrial design and engineering but borrows from psychology, computer science and ethnography. It provides a framework for solving problems creatively using empathy and rapid prototype development and works most effectively in multidisciplinary or cross-functional teams.
3 Hour Masterclass Delivered Online
What topics will you cover?
This one-day Masterclass will equip you with basic tools of Design Thinking Methodology. Core concepts, such as creativity and generation of new ideas, convergent and divergent thinking and you will learn how to apply the principles of Design Thinking within your own business and organisation. With a focus on experiential learning, you will work on a group class-based challenge. Be prepared to be up on your feet.
- Session 1: Understand Creativity and Generation of new Ideas
- Session 2: Apply Design Thinking concept to creative problem solving
- Session 3: Understand how to apply convergent and divergent thinking in the creative process
- Session 4: Apply the principles of Design Thinking in an experiential way to your business
At the end of this Masterclass, you will be able to:
- Apply key principles underlying Design Thinking as a process for problem-solving
- Rapidly prototype solutions to communicate ideas and obtain feedback
- Develop skills in empathy, problem definition, idea generation and prototype development
- Reflect on how Design Thinking could be applied within a wide variety of contexts (including your own work)
- Appraise the value of Design Thinking to specific complex problems
- Articulate the value of creative solutions in a meaningful and concise manner through pitching.
Who is this course for?
This course is relevant to professionals with a work related interest, those dealing directly with clients including Accountants, Solicitors, Engineers, those working in banking, Health Care, Public Service and Technology Professionals.
When does the course start?
- Dates: November 15th 2020 (1 day)
- Schedule: 6.00pm - 9.00pm
- Format: The course will be delivered through Trinity’s Virtual Learning Environment Blackboard, using videos, interactive presentations, case studies, and additional resources.
- Course Fees: €250
- Award: Certificate of completion
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration closes on November 13th 2020 at 5pm.
How do I register and pay for the course?
Application is Open – Apply now in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the form.
- Follow up call will be scheduled.
- Payment link will be sent to you and you are all set.
Closing date for course registration is November 13th 2020 at 5pm.
Course fees of €250 include access to the course via Blackboard for 6 weeks and a certificate of completion when all multiple choice questions have been attempted.
Please be aware that participation in the course does not include access to the Trinity Library or other student services.
This course can be considered towards CPD for professionals.
TCD Tangent Certificate of competition is conferred on all who complete the course.