News Item Request
Welcome to the School newsfeed page. This page outlines the process for submitting a news item for inclusion on Departmental and School newsfeeds. All news item requests are received by the School's External Relations Officer, for review and authorisation.
- News item requests that meet the criteria will then be forwarded to the relevant Departmental web-authors and Heads of Department for final sign-off and publication to their respective websites.
- The School web-author will upload relevant news items to the School newsfeed.
- Submissions that don't meet the criteria will be returned for re-submission.
Below you will find the steps involved in submitting a news item request for publication on Department and School newsfeeds. Please note that all news item requests must adhere to the news item content guidelines as set out below in order to be published.
- Complete the below online News Item Request Form.
- All news item requests must be accompanied by a thumbnail image. This should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not have an image that meets the specifications, royalty-free images are available online from the following websites: Freeimages and Pexels. There are also images available through the Trinity image bank.
Criterion 1: Headline
- The News Item headline should be no longer than two lines long - 100 characters or less (including spaces and excluding special characters like the Euro symbol).
- Headlines will be linked to a web page with further information, so you must provide an internal or external link to a webpage or PDF for this as part of your online request.
Criterion 2: News Story
- News story content should ideally be no longer than 5 lines long and must be under 300 characters (including spaces).
- The story should be kept short and contain no links or HTML code. Only the headline of the news item can be linked.
Guidance on types of content: Department and School newsfeeds should contain a variety of engaging topics that are of interest to audiences within Trinity, Ireland and globally, such as: research news; staff publications in academic journals; academic, administrative and student achievements; Department or School events; welcoming new members of staff.
Criterion 3: Thumbnail Image
- All images for the news stories have to be sized for the web (160px width and 100px height). If you are unsure of how to size an image, please submit your image in landscape format rather than portrait as portrait size images can become distorted in appearance.
- Please also make sure that you have the appropriate usage rights.
Please complete the below online News Item Request form: