We have roles available in our core software development teams along with those specialising in AI/Data Science and in Cloud Infrastructure. Let us know in your application if you have a particular interest in one of those areas!
Shutterstock is a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company operating within a disruptive industry for over 17 years. Well-positioned as the leader in the digital content space, Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content library in the world, including leading collections of images, vectors, music, and video. We manage a library of creative building blocks for an expanding global customer base. Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images, video and audio content each week, and currently has more than 370 million images and more than 21 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The Company also owns Offset, a high-end image collection; Shutterstock Studios, an end-to-end custom creative shop; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images and videos for the world's media; TurboSquid, a leading 3D content marketplace; Amper Music, an AI-driven music platform; and Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering.
Our Creative platform supports photographers, advertisers, film & television studios, marketers and publishers to produce and consume amazing content, while our Editorial business is a world leader in the production and distribution of real-time celebrity, sports, fashion and news photography, as well as covering events such as the Academy Awards, London Fashion Week and the Met Gala.
Shutterstock is looking for interns to join our software development, AI, Data Science and cloud infrastructure teams.
You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers on full stack services with quality, performance, and scale in mind at every step of the way. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects.
You will join a diverse and international team based out of our Dublin offices, which are located just off Grafton Street in the heart of the city. Remote, hybrid or on-site positions can be supported.
● Participate in all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
● Participate in the code review process, paired programming.
● Work alongside engineers, product managers and designers on the development of the services under the team's ownership.
● Building the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production performance.
Ideal candidate would have one or more of the following:
● Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
● Able to clearly communicate with team members.
● Natural curiosity for learning new technologies.
● Experience in one or more OO languages.
● Solid software development fundamentals (Data Structures, algorithms, problem-solving, OO
Design, and system architecture).
● Has a good understanding of continuous delivery.
● Writing unit tests, integration tests and automated testing.
● Java, Ruby, Python or Scala
● Knowledge of AI, Machine Learning or Computer Vision techniques
● Cloud based infrastructure like AWS and container based deployments like Docker and Kubernetes.
● Knowledge of relational and non relational database technologies
● Familiarity with agile methodologies