Java Developer Internship
Murex is a global fintech leader in trading, risk management and processing solutions for capital markets. Operating from our 19 offices, 2400 Murexians from over 60 different nationalities ensure the development, implementation and support of our platform which is used by banks, asset managers, corporations and utilities, across the world.
Join Murex and work on the challenges of an industry at the forefront of innovation and thrive in a people-centric environment. You’ll be part of one global team where you can learn fast and stay true to yourself.
What you’ll do:
You will work in the Dublin development team, supporting the ‘Murex Limit Controller’ risk management system and working closely with the consultancy team to develop new functionality, rapidly solve problems and enhance existing aspects of the application.
This is an internship level position, and it is most suitable students who have an outstanding academic record and who are interested in becoming a functional java developer in a client focused business.
- Maintenance and enhancement of the existing application.
- Design and implementation of new functional modules from start to end.
- Working with business consultants across different time-zones to diagnose problems and suggest fixes.
- Planning and prioritizing development priorities working closely with the rest of the development team.
- Learn about the business logic of the system and all technologies related to MLC (e.g. Java, XML, Oracle, Sybase, Ant).
Who you are:
- 1.1 or 2.1 degree in Computer Science / Maths / Software Engineering/ Physics.
- Leaving Certificate (or equivalent – please state).
- Knowledge of Java programming is a prerequisite.
- Fluent written and oral English is essential.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Ability to work on both short-term and to ensure client demands are fully met.
- Ambitious, motivated, eager to develop within a team environment.
- Willingness to display flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment is essential.
- Fluency in another European language would be an advantage.
Note: The first stage in the selection process is a written technical test covering Programming, Databases, Architecture & Systems, Operating Systems and OOP, Java & XML. You will need to have a good understanding of each section in order to meet the required standard and you should take this into consideration when submitting your application.
This is an internship level position, and as such we are specifically interested in your academic background. Please ensure your CV states Leaving Certificate subjects, level, grades achieved and CAO points (or equivalent). Please also ensure you state your degree result eg 1.1, 2.1 (or equivalent).