About General Motors
General Motors is the one of the most well-established and most innovative technology companies in the world. Software is defining the world and especially so in the automotive industry. Autonomous driving, electric vehicles and connected smart factories mean our Software Engineers are front and centre as we strive for a world of zero emissions, zero congestion and zero crashes. As a software engineering intern, the code you write will contribute to this vision. You will learn how to create world class software in a team environment using cutting edge technology and best of breed approaches whilst being mentored by more experienced team mates.
We have a number of 6+ months software engineering internship roles available in the following areas:
- Advanced Systems Development
- Mainframe systems.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our “Work Appropriately” philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
- Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- You will code.
- Familiarity with multiple interface patterns including APIs, MicroServices, REST or SOAP web services
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
- Exposure to cloud development platforms.
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
Additional Job Requirements:
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all team members.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
- Demonstrate critical thinking capacity and a problem-solving mind-set.
- You will work in multi-disciplined, full-stack development teams and real-world Enterprise experience
Your GM Story Starts Here