Ericsson Ireland Software Campus Athlone: Internship Opportunities
Software Engineer Internship
Ericsson leads the development of the mobile world. Our innovations in 5G technologies enable telecom networks to transform intelligent societies and industries.
When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, crafting the future of technology.
Ericsson prides itself in fostering an equal opportunity workplace that supports well-being, collaboration, innovation and productivity – whether it is in the office or remote, online or in person.
You have the opportunity to develop software for radio networks around the world, while working in a software development team and learning from experienced developers.
This is an environment where you're encouraged as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
What are the minimum requirements for the role?
· On track to achieving a minimum 2.1 Hons Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Passion for technology and an aptitude for problem solving.
What do we offer you?
· Use technologies like WSL/Ubuntu, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory and lot more, along with the latest Agile processes, harnessing the power of Automated Testing, Continuous Delivery and Deployment
· Gain experience in cloud-based application development, (using e.g. OpenStack, VMWare, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure) container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
· Work with distributed systems and emerging technologies
· Be supported by a strong Software Agile team to learn new skills, with access to over 1000 developers on our Software Campus in Athlone
· Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment, collaborate with colleagues from all over the globe where you will build a career which supports initiative and personal growth.
Required or Desired Skills
· Experience with / exposure to programming in your studies
· A desire to build towards a career in software development
· Collaboration-focused, willingness to learn and to ask questions
What do we offer?
· We support all forms of workplace environments, from using the office as a full or part time workspace with remote working within Ireland
· A healthy work-life balance (flexible hours, maternity/paternity and parental leave).
· 27 days annual leave pro-rata, family-friendly work environment!
· Multifaceted sports and social club which hosts many sporting (e.g., golf, football, swimming, tennis) and social (e.g. gaming, theatre, movie, nights out) activities.
· Pension scheme
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for the next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Overview of Ericsson: Why Ericsson?