Arista Networks is looking for great Graduate/Intern Engineers interested in product development in C/C++ and Go to join the team in Dublin advancing the Software Defined Networking (SDN) revolution.
What will I be doing?
- Writing Linux user space and kernel code to allow 32-bit drivers to DMA 64-bit virtual memory spaces using both Intel and AMD IOMMU controller.
- Accessing ASIC registers over SPI bus, SMbus, PCIe and I2C, to implement high resolution timers (sub-100ns accuracy) and read ASIC hardware specifications to gather near-real-time information on large numbers of packet flows and to generate network congestion statistics.
- Development of configuration management services using Go and Python to support YANG, OpenConfig, NETCONF and RESTCONF over gRPC, ssh and ssl for standardised switch configuration, combined with tools such as git, gerrit, Jenkins, Slack and Trello.
- Development of routing protocol agents (for BGP, OSPF, ISIS) in C/C++ within a Fedora Linux embedded environment. Coding of fault-tolerant, concurrent agents capable of handling the demands of future data centres where high performance and high availability are basic requirements. Fully automated, developer owned, Python based, continuous test harness with 100s of devices under test at any one moment.
- geiger: (known externally as the Cloud Vision Portal) is a web-based front-end application that abstracts the physical network to a broader, network-wide perspective using react.js, redux.js, and node.js. Geiger consists of a front-end user interface for understanding the stored data from the real-time telemetry streamed from the data centre switches. It allows you to view events, inspect a device, or compare metrics across devices and much more is planned as it is key to Arista's any cloud hybrid data center offerings.
What skills do I need:
Any of the following:- C, C++, Java, Python, Go, react.js, redux.js, node.js Networking, Linux Embedded Systems, Algorithms,Programming, Software Development.