WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives.
AMD together we advance_
ONSITE: This role requires the student to work from the Dublin office throughout the duration of the Co-op/Intern term.
PROGRAM TERM: January 15 2024 - August 15 2024 or March 15 2024 - August 15 2024 (depending on your course requirements)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
We are hiring students across several of our teams including Analog Mixed Signal (AMS), System Engineering, Data Centre/Telecommunications and Design Software Verification.
- The Analog Mixed Signal (AMS) team design high performance analog and digital circuits such as ADCs, DACs, references and high-speed interfaces which are integrated into FPGA devices. These devices are used in a variety of applications such as automotive, wireless communications and medical imaging.
- The System Engineering team produce high quality embedded software systems, applications and drivers in embedded Linux and Bare metal areas. You will be involved with the complete development lifecycle from definition right through to testing and delivery.
- The Data Centre/Telecommunications team assist with the development of leading-edge FPGA-based hardware and embedded software platforms for use in data centre acceleration applications. You will be working with the latest FPGA hardware and software technologies from AMD-Xilinx, including Vivado Design Suite, Versal ACAP devices and Alveo data center boards using the Vitis unified software platform.
- The Design Software Verification team play a critical role in verifying the AMD EDA tool chain for both pre- and post-silicon support. The team work on the development of new designs to test the Vivado tool chain, development and maintenance of automated test frameworks as well as testing next generation FPGA/ACAP EDA tools.
Our Engineering Internship Program is a fantastic opportunity for you to learn and contribute within teams focused on either software development or FPGA IP design/verification. The roles will give you the benefit of professional guidance from our talented engineering teams, alongside the ability to grow both personally and professionally.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Proficient programming skills
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Knowledge of analog, digital electrical circuits and logic design fundamentals
- Excellent teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills
- Personal & professional development through mentoring and training
- Working on cutting-edge technology
- Networking opportunities
- Flexible working
- On-site gym access
- Free on-site parking
Benefits offered are described: AMD benefits at a glance.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.