BA Catholic Theological Studies
What our students have to say about studying Theology
Single Honors Degree
Please note: The School of Religion is pleased to announce a BA (Hons) Religion - TR041. This degree will have its first intake of students in September 2019. As such, the Catholic Theological Studies Degree has now ceased intakes of new students.
CTS Course Coordinator: Dr. Fáinche Ryan, email@example.com.
Second & Third Years
- Christianity in Europe through the ages
- Systematic theology
- Cultural expressions of Christianity – Art / Architecture / Literature / Film
- Option of language studies in Latin, Greek and Hebrew
- Social activism – including work in the field
- Book of Kells – examined from theological perspective
- In-depth study of selected topics
- Research dissertation on a selected area (under guidance)
Assignment Cover Sheet
BA in Catholic Theology Cover Sheet (word.doc). This cover sheet should be completed and placed as the first page of all assignment submissions.
What are the entitlements of Scholars: Scholars are entitled to free Commons (meals in the Dining Hall) and free rooms in College. They also receive an allowance and are exempt from paying fees for the remainder of their undergraduate years and for postgraduate study.
How to apply for Scholarship: Candidates must give notice of their intention to take the scholarship examination on the prescribed form, obtainable from the Senior Lecturer's Office, West Theatre, Trinity College. For specific dates and information please visit this link
Awards and Prizes
A number of prizes are available to students, fuller details of which may be found in the University Calendar (College Calendar)