Trinity Joint Honours allows students to study two arts subjects to degree level with advanced specialisation in one or both subjects depending on their course choices. The Joint Honours programme in Religion allows you to expand your vision and gain multiple perspectives on today's world.
We understand as a student you will have a unique journey from the start of your programme to the attainment of your degree. As a Trinity Joint Honours student you will not only be provided with an opportunity to study two subjects, in the second year you will also be able to choose the structure of your programme from defined options. Our Subject Combinations are as follows and for more detail, please see the brochures below (links attached):
- Ancient History and Archaeology (TR117)
- Classical Civilisation (TR663)
- English Literature (TR664)
- History of Art and Architecture (TR665)
- History (TR454)
- Middle Eastern, Jewish & Islamic Civilisation (TR565)
- Modern Language (French, German, Italian, Russian) (TR666)
- Music (TR638)
You may wish to study both subjects throughout the 4 years of your programme to achieve a Joint Honours award. You may choose to avail of the opportunity to shift emphasis more to one of your subjects while continuing to study the second subject and achieve a Major with Minor award or you may decide to focus your efforts entirely on one subject from the second year of the programme. Within each of these pathways you will also be provided an opportunity to undertake Open Modules and Trinity Electives, which allow you to experience teaching and learning outside of your core subjects.
You may combine the study Religion with one other subject as part of the Joint Honours (see below for the subject combinations possible).
Online Pathway and Module Enrolment for 2022-23
If you are a first year studying Religion as a Single or Joint Honours subject, after you have received your end of year results at the end of May 2022, you will be asked to make pathway and module selections in June 2022 for your Senior Fresh year. Enrolment for Trinity electives will also take place in June. Academic Registry will communicate how to make your selections on my.tcd.ie.
Information on pathway choices will run from early February to the end of March and you are urged to use the online resources available:
- Your Trinity Pathways - pathway tools relevant to your programme, video case studies and an extensive FAQ section.
- Your Trinity Education - read more about the seven features of Trinity Education.
- Your Trinity Electives - learn about stand-alone 5ECTS modules you can take outside your core discipline.