Sustainability Fund 2020-2021
Call for projects - Next application date for sustainability fund - June 14th - 25th 2021
Got a great idea for a sustainability themed project/ initiative? You can apply below between June 14th and June 25th for funding up to €5,000. Each project application will be reviewed by a committee and successful applicants will be chosen to receive funding to realise their idea.
Funding is available through the Provost’s Advisory Committee on Sustainability and Low Carbon Living, for new projects that improve campus sustainability and encourage more sustainable behaviours. Proposals are welcome from staff and/or students. Projects that are student-led or involve student participation are encouraged.
The objectives are:
1. To seed new initiatives that enhance campus sustainability
2. To enable behaviours that will benefit the environment on campus and throughout life
3. To enhance communication and education on sustainability
The call for applications is open with two deadlines for review in Semester 1 (November 20th) and Semester 2 (February 12th). Please complete the form available here and submit by email only to email@example.com.
Guidelines for application
- Projects must have an objective that will benefit campus sustainability, including education about or enhancing awareness of sustainability issues, and enable more sustainable behaviours on and off campus
- Proposed projects should have a justified budget of up to €1,500; exceptional arguments can be made for budgets in excess of €1,500 but this will only be awarded in exceptional cases
- Project proposals should indicate which of the nine sustainability areas outlined in the Sustainability Report the project addresses
- Projects must have a start date between one and six months following the application deadline
- Proposals must specify a project start date and end date; a description and itemised budget; and must indicate what deliverables (i.e. concrete results) the project will provide/create
- Projects can be submitted at any time before the two deadlines (October 25th and February 4th)
- A review panel consisting of a sub-group of students and staff from the Provost’s Advisory Committee on Sustainability and Low Carbon Living will review and select the projects to receive funding
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the panel’s review within two weeks of the application deadline
Projects that have previously been funded include:
- Establishment of Trinity Green Labs programme
- 3D printing of cuvettes using recycled plastic, School of Physics
- A sustainability fair in the Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute
- Partial funding of a bike repair station
- Establishment of EnviroLend - free dishware loan scheme for student societies.
- Provision of pocket ash trays to smokers, to discourage cigarette butt waste
Follow-up on funded projects
Any project in receipt of funding will need to provide the following, upon completion of the project:
- Photos illustrating the success of the project/event /initiative
- A paragraph describing the outcome of the project and what results were achieved (e.g. number of people who were engaged by the project; ripple effect (if any); lessons learned for future projects/ initiatives)
The application form for proposed projects to be funded through the Sustainability Fund can be found here.