The Campaign period ran from 5 February to 7 April 2021. The list of candidates can be found on the Candidates webpage.
The next livestreamed event is the Provost-elect's address to the College community - Please click here to view the Livestream at 1.00pm on Saturday 10 April (Trinity staff and student access only)
To view recordings of certain campaign events, please visit the Recordings webpage (Trinity staff access only).
More information below:
Principles Governing the Campaign Stage of the Appointment Process
- All members of the College community are exhorted to adhere to the principle of equity and fair procedures in their dealings with all candidates, and the Steering Committee is duty bound to ensure such equity and fair procedures as far as possible.
- Where a School, Discipline, Centre, Unit or group invites a candidate or candidates to meet with members of the electorate, this invitation should be extended to all candidates. This applies both to joint meetings of all candidates and to individual meetings with each of the candidates.
- Where individual candidates seek meetings with Schools, Disciplines, Centres, Units or groups out of their own initiative, equal access must be given to all candidates seeking such meetings. It is a breach of the principle of equity if Schools etc. facilitate meetings for some candidates but decline to do so for others.
- Members of the College community should act responsibly in their use of social media as outlined in the Social Media Policy.
- As it could be perceived as an endorsement by the institution, College officers and others in posts of responsibility must not use their official College function when supporting candidates. Any member of the electorate is of course free to support an individual candidate but does so in a strictly personal capacity and should not quote any such officership or post of responsibility in writing, or verbally, when supporting the candidate of their choice. Instead supporters should make it clear at all times that their support is unrelated to and clearly separated from the office or post of responsibility they hold. The use of academic titles and School affiliations in describing candidates’ supporters is permitted, e.g. Professor A. N. Other, School of XYZ.
Schedule of Events
Please note that details may be subject to change.
All events will take place on Zoom unless otherwise advised.
In order to facilitate the participation of all staff in the campaign, events will be held at a range of times, and certain events will be recorded and made available on the Recordings webpage.
Events are closed to members of the public unless otherwise specified.
|Monday 8 February||Campaign Kick-off Meeting: click here to view recording||All staff and electorate||18:00 - 19:30|
|Thursday 11 February||Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Forum: click here to view recording||Faculty of AHSS staff||12:00 - 13:30|
|Monday 15 February||Faculty of Health Sciences Forum: click here to view recording||Faculty of HS staff||12:30 - 14:00|
|Thursday 18 February||Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Forum: click here to view recording||Faculty of STEM staff||15:00 - 16:30|
|Thursday 25 February||Heads of School Meeting||Heads of School||11:30 - 13:00|
|During the campaign||Meetings with Schools and other Units||Organised locally|
|Thursday 25 February||Climate Change Discussion: click here to view recording||All staff and students||19:30 - 21:00|
|Week beginning Monday 15 March||READING WEEK|
|Week beginning 22 March||Fellows Meetings (one meeting per candidate)||Fellows||13:00 - 14:00|
|Friday 26 March||Moderated Discussion with Sharon Ní Bheoláin: click here to view recording||All staff and students||13:00 - 14:15|
|Monday 29 March||SU Hustings||Undergraduate students||19:00 - 20:30|
|Tuesday 30 March||IFUT Hustings: click here to view recording||All staff|
|Wednesday 31 March||GSU Hustings||Postgraduate students||19:00 - 20:30|
|Dates advised by email from the Registrar||E-voting Dry Runs||Members of the electorate||Various|
|Wednesday 7 April||Final Hustings - Q&A with Shane Coleman||All staff and students||13:00 - 14:15|
|Saturday 10 April||Ballot: please click here for information on Election Arrangements||Electorate only||09:20 - 13:00 (approx)|
|Wednesday 21 April||Board Meeting (one item will be to appoint the next Provost)||Board members only||10:00 - 13:00|