The Project Idea Form must be used to submit any New Project Idea in the College.
What is a Project?
A Project is defined as a temporary activity designed to produce a unique product, service or result. With a defined beginning and end (usually time-constrained, and often constrained by funding or deliverables), it is undertaken to meet unique goals and objectives, typically to bring about beneficial change or added value.
The temporary nature of projects stands in contrast with business as usual (or operations), which are repetitive, permanent, or semi-permanent functional activities to produce products or services.
This form should be used for all projects (as defined above), including:
- Capital Projects (budget greater than €50,000) which will require Capital Review Group (CRG approval)
- Non-capital Projects (budget less than €50,000)
- Projects for which costs are not yet known but may move into the Capital Project category
This form should NOT be used for the following requests:
- Maintenance requests
- IT support request
Before you submit a New Project Idea please ensure you have the following information:
- Project Name, Description and Requirements
- Project Sponsor or Head of Area approval
- Cost and Duration estimates
- Source of Funding for the project
Should you require additional advice/guidance when defining your project idea, you may wish to get in touch with the Departments below:
- PMO: https://www.tcd.ie/pmo/
- IT Services: https://www.tcd.ie/itservices/improvements-projects/
- Procurement: https://www.tcd.ie/financial-services/procurement/
- Data Protection (DPO): https://www.tcd.ie/info_compliance/data-protection/
- Disabilities Services: https://www.tcd.ie/disability/
- Estates and Facilities: https://www.tcd.ie/estatesandfacilities/estates/projects/
Click below for the new Project Idea Form:
Once you have submitted your Project Idea Form it will be evaluated by the PMO, ITS, Estates & Facilities, Procurement and any other department as and where required. This group meets on a monthly basis unless otherwise required. The group will review your request and return to you in 5 workdays from the date of the Project Review meeting.
If your project requires urgent evaluation, please contact the PMO at email@example.com, who will be able to assist.
If your Project Idea is approved, the PMO will engage with the Project Manager to better define the project and ensure a Project Kick-Off meeting is planned with relevant stakeholders to prepare any relevant documentation and to ensure all projects follow the correct governance where required.
If you need help with your Project Idea submission, please contact the PMO at firstname.lastname@example.org.