MSc Advanced Radiation Therapy
|Course Title||Advanced Radiation Therapy|
|Qualification||Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma/ M.Sc|
|Duration||Options 1-3 years|
|Next Intake||September 2023|
|Expressions of Interestemail@example.com|
|Closing date||July 31st 2023|
This course can be considered towards CPD for professionals associated including IIRRT, IMC, IAPM, CORU and other similar professional bodies
Our postgraduate radiation courses are available in 2 strands, Clinical Practice or Treatment Planning.
Clinical Practice Strand
This strand aims to develop knowledge and skills in the advanced radiation therapy management of cancer patients and to enable you to critically evaluate and participate in research in this area.
It is aimed at Radiotherapy professionals that:
- Are seeking to expand their career into Advanced Clinical Practice; Management and/or Research.
- Wish to work in an extended role in their department.
- Are returning to employment and may wish to update their knowledge on current evidence-based practice.
Treatment Planning Strand
This strand aims to develop students’ knowledge and skills in the field of Radiation Therapy treatment planning.
It is aimed at Radiation Therapy professionals that:
- Are seeking to expand their career into advanced techniques, treatment planning or/and research.
- Wish to work in an advanced role in their department in treatment planning
- Wish to update their knowledge on current evidence based practice.
Online Distance Learning
During our online postgraduate courses, you will gain in-depth evidence based knowledge of the management of radiotherapy patients, critically evaluate your practice and develop ideas for services improvements within your practice and workplace.
The online delivery of this programme allows you to:
- Undertake a flexible yet structured programme of education, with no requirement to attend the Trinity Campus.
- Benefit from evidence-based learning resources and input from clinical experts.
- Share experiences and ideas with fellow students doing online discussions.
- Benefit from weekly engagement with fellow learners and academics through interactive webinars.
Module Delivery and Assessment
The Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma in Advanced Radiation Therapy is offered as a one year online programme and runs from September until June. Routes to M.Sc. are outlined below:
The programme uses a range of authentic continuous assessments which gives you the opportunity to produce work which is highly relevant to the clinical environment and develops independent life-long learning skills; this includes written and practical assignments, online activities, project and case studies.
Applications will be accepted from those who:
- Hold an honours primary degree in Radiation Therapy, Medical Physics, Medicine or a related discipline; or otherwise satisfy the selection panel that they have the ability to complete and benefit from the course.
- Evidence of relevant professional experience.
- Have access to radiation therapy planning software for the duration of the course.
- Have a fluent command of the English language. Students whose first language is not English must meet the University's English language requirements.
Paperwork Required to complete Application
To complete your application you will need the following documents:
- Copy of all relevant qualifications
- Full official transcript from your qualification (this is a certified document noting all subjects studied each year of the course and all grades achieved)
- Certified English language translations of transcript and qualification (if applicable)
- Name of 2 referees- one must be an Academic referee.
- EU status documents (if applicable for fee status)
- Brief CV
- English language certification (if applicable)
- Letter of support from Radiation Oncology department stating that you have access to radiation therapy planning software for the duration of the course
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
See the Academic Registry website for up-to-date fees information: https://www.tcd.ie/academicregistry/fees-payments/course-fees/
For informal enquiries, please contact email@example.com or call us at +353(01) 896 3234.