ADOS Training for the Clinical Setting
An extra-mural course that is provided for health care professionals to offer training in the use of the Autism Diagnostic Observational Schedule - Generic (ADOS-G). This is a two day course offered three times per year.
Course Director: Professor Louise Gallagher
Telephone +353 1 896 2144
Risk Assessment and Management
Mental Health and criminal insanity legislation
Course Director:- Professor Harry Kennedy
Telephone: +353 1 215 7400
Foundation Course in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
(in partnership with HSE and St Patrick’s University Hospital)
- Offers a comprehensive introduction to CBT principles for clinicians who want to understand and use CBT principles in their day to day clinical roles.
- Offers a comprehensive grounding in CBT principles for clinicians with an interest in pursuing a CBT clinical qualification and accreditation in the future.
- Extra mural course open to all health care professionals.
- Good preparation for the PG Dip course.
- Teaching occurring between October and June and each module is delivered over 5 days each of which are broken into 3 day and 2 day blocks.
- The course requires completion of 3 out of 4 available modules:
- Module 1: CBT Theory, The Collaborative Therapeutic Relationship & Psychoeducation
- Module 2: Behavioural Tasks, Agenda Setting, and Using Homework
- Module 3: Achieving Behavioural Change, Working with Thoughts & CBT Case Conceptualisation
- New Module 4: CBT informed practice for Psychosis
- Modules 1 and 2 are typically taken by students before progressing to either module 3 or 4.
- The cost of the foundation course is €3,500. This course may be taken in three separate modules and then the cost will be €1,200 per module.
- Foundation course students will have the option of completing all four modules
- Foundation Course Student Handbook 2018-19 (PDF 1.07 MB)
- Timetable 2018-19 (PDF 678 kB)
- Applicants should send their CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com by the 31st of August.
- Course offers will be made within three weeks after the closing date.
Course Director: Dr Brian Fitzmaurice
Course Co-Ordinator: Colette Kearns
Course Administrator: Majella Moloney
Phone number +353 1 249 3561