Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
|Course Title||Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy|
|Next Intake||September 2019|
I loved the course and am really happy that I did it, as a result I feel that I will be much better in practice and am achieving better outcomes for my patients.Recent Graduate
- This course develops a student’s understanding of Cognitive Psychotherapy/Cognitive Behavioural Therapy applied to common mental health problems.
- Applicants must be employed in a health profession (e.g. nursing, medicine, social work, occupational therapy etc.) and have relevant clinical experience. Ideally they would have completed the foundation course although we will accept applicants who have existing training/experience in Counselling/Psychological Therapies.
- Applicants are normally expected to have a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree. Applicants without a 2.1 honours degree may receive recognition of their appropriate prior learning by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Students are expected to treat a minimum of 5 cases over 3 academic terms and will have weekly workshops, Self Practice/Self Reflection tutorials and CBT supervision.
- Course runs from September to May.
- In the forthcoming academic year P.Grad.Dip. students will have the option to attend 5 days on CBT-informed Practice for Psychosis, which is part of the Foundation Course in CBT.
- Holds Category II approval until 2020 http://www.nursingboard.ie/en/edu-category_2.aspx
- Up-to-date information about course fees can be found at the Academic Registry.
- Teaching starts with an introductory week in September and continues every Friday during academic terms.
To make an application through Trinity’s online system please click on the following link https://www.tcd.ie/courses/postgraduate/az/course.php?id=DPDMD-CPSY-1P09.
Applications need to be completed by the 30th of April.
Interviews will take place in St Patrick's University Hospital on Friday 12th June.
Please read the Guide to the Applicant’s Process for the TCD PG Diploma in CBT
Guide to the Diploma in Cognitive Psychotherapy (PDF 568 kB)
Course Co-ordinator: Dr. Brian Fitzmaurice
Course Administrator: Majella Moloney
Phone number + 353 1 249 3561