MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
|Course Title||MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy|
|Duration||Two year (part-time)|
|Next Intake||September 2020|
Clinical workshops were excellent and well-presented. Helped with clinical practice, increased personal self-confidence and gave new perspectives.Recent Graduate
MSc in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
- 2-year course to start September 2020.
- This builds on existing competences in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy – includes workshops on theory and clinical skills training, supervision as well as a final dissertation in Year 2.
- Applicants must be health professionals with a Postgraduate Diploma or equivalent qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy.
- Applicants to the MSc are expected to have submitted a case study which has not already been assessed by TCD and a recent recording of a therapy session made within the last six months to the course administrator by the 8th of May. Receipt of these items at least three weeks prior to a selection interview taking place allows sufficient time for review by the course director.
- Up-to-date information about course fees can be found at the Academic Registry.
- Students must themselves, as part of the course, complete a minimum of 15 sessions of a cognitively based psychotherapy and associated homework tasks; or, alternatively they may complete 25 hours of another model of Psychotherapy with an accredited therapist. The cost for this personal therapy will be borne by the student.
- Teaching starts with an introductory week in September and continues initially with weekly workshops on either Thursdays or Fridays in Year 1 with a decreasing frequency in Year 2 allowing students to focus on their research projects.
- NMBI Category II approval until 2021.
- Applicants will be subject to Garda Vetting.
MSc applications will be accepted online from October 2019 until the 30th of April 2020.
Course Director: Dr. Craig Chigwedere
Course Coordinators: Ms Colette Kearns and Ms Anne Marie Foley
Course Administrator: Majella Moloney
Phone number + 353 1 249 3561