“Aircraft Noise Generated from Ducted or Un-Ducted Rotors”
September 13-15, 2017
Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
The Aeroacoustics Specialists Committee (ASC) of the Council of European Aerospace Societies (CEAS) announces its 21st international scientific workshop. This year the topic of the workshop is “Aircraft Noise Generated from Ducted or Un-Ducted Rotors”. The workshop welcomes contributors from industry, universities and research establishments.
The workshop is being organised and hosted by the School of Engineering in , and we would warmly welcome you to join us in September for what promises to be a stimulating scientific event. Please feel free to contact us with any queries at this email address:
Associate Prof. Gar J. Bennett
Scope of the workshop
The workshop will focus on rotor noise in the domain of aviation, including sources relating to the installation of rotors on the aircraft. Research activity detailing developments in un-ducted propulsion systems such as CROR/Turbo-Prop/Unducted Single Fan (USF) etc. are welcome. In addition, the scope of the workshop includes ducted rotor noise originating in turbomachinery or compressors. Topics on which contributions are invited include, but are not restricted to:
- Developments in Analytical Methods
- Results and Analysis from Measurement Campaigns
- Novel Measurement Methods
- Modelling and Computational Analysis Providing Novel Insight
- Sound Generation Through Rotor Installation and Related Inflow Inhomogeneity
Last year a very successful workshop was held in the University of Southampton on "Measurement Techniques and Analysis Methods for Aircraft Noise" hosted by ISVR. The last time the workshop was held in Trinity College Dublin was in 2006 on the topic of "Jet Noise Prediction Methodologies and Recent Developments". Information on previous workshops is available via the X-Noise website.
- Submission of abstracts: 30 June 2017
- Notification of acceptance: 15 July 2017
- Advance registration: 1 August 2017
- Deadline to receive presentations: 26 August 2017