Uversity Scholarships for Adult Learners 2021
Application deadline: 30 April 2021
UNLOCKING POTENTIAL, REALISING AMBITIONS
Uversity’s Scholarships are intended to unlock adult learners’ potential. By providing multi-annual financial support, Uversity’s Scholarships aim to remove the financial barriers to pursue a Bachelor’s degree for the first time. Scholarships are not limited to particular subject areas and will enable individuals 23 years or older to complete a Bachelor’s degree.
Uversity understands that there are many financial barriers preventing people from realising their ambitions to receive a Bachelor’s degree. Aside from the direct costs of tuition, fees, books and IT there are day to day living costs such as childcare and transport to be taken care of to enable full-time education. Uversity Scholarships take account of each individual’s circumstances and aim to provide financial support for the entire period of study.
Scholarship amounts will vary depending on the recipients’ circumstances and will be allocated on a needs basis which will be assessed via Uversity’s application process. For Republic of Ireland applicants, Uversity’s scholarships are not considered reckonable income for means-tested social welfare benefits and SUSI grants, so that these benefits / grants are not adversely affected.
Payments will be made over the course of the degree programme and will be subject to continued academic registration and progress.
WHO CAN APPLY
Uversity’s Scholarships support adult learners, who are not in a financial position, to enrol on and complete a Bachelor’s degree that will transform their lives and those around them. Preference will be given to candidates enrolling for a full-time Bachelor’s degree programme that can normally be completed in a maximum of four years in any subject in one of the participating institutions.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be 23 years and older by 1st January 2021
- be a citizen of an EEA member state or Switzerland AND resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland for 3 years or more by 1st January 2021
- be returning to higher education in 2021/22 after a break from education of 3 years or more or have recently completed a higher education progression / preparation course
- be admitted to a Bachelor’s degree or have a deferred offer for the 2021/22 academic year.
- be able to demonstrate:
- academic potential
- a clear motivation and ambition for returning to education
- a drive to succeed and a strong work ethic
- an ability to be transformed and transform others as a result of this scholarship and educational experience
- non-EEA citizens resident in Ireland / Northern Ireland must have permanent leave to remain at time of application.
- applicants who currently possess or are enrolled on a Bachelor’s degree programme ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
- applicants DO NOT need to have an offer at the time of application but if selected for a scholarship they must receive an offer
- on a Bachelor’s degree programme in one of the participating institutions to receive their scholarship.
- For Republic of Ireland applicants, Uversity’s scholarships are considered reckonable income for the purpose of means-tested social welfare benefits and SUSI grants. Offers will be subject to Uversity receiving an income disregard so that these benefits / grants are not adversely affected.