Trinity Laptop Scheme (Round 2) - Application Deadline 6 November 2020
Trinity College has received over 700 laptops to support students from under-represented groups in their studies.
Please apply if you are:
- A student disadvantaged by socio-economic barriers
- A first-time mature student
- A student with a disability
- A student who holds a further education qualification
- A student who is a members of the Traveller or Roma communities, or from an ethnic minority
- A student who is a lone Parent
How will applications be assessed?
Eligibility will be on a need basis, prioritised as appropriate by Trinity College. Students will need to demonstrate a need for such a device e.g. that neither they nor their family have the means to purchase such a device themselves. Devices will not be allocated to persons who are not registered students of Trinity College.
Erasmus, study abroad and non-Eu fee paying students are not eligible to apply.
Will supporting documentation be required?
Yes. Trinity College needs to satisfy themselves that students have demonstrated a verifiable need for a device. Students will need to demonstrate that they are from one of the National Access Plan target groups, identified above. Supporting documentation relating to the SUSI Special Grant Rate, Back to Education Allowance, or a relevant Social Welfare payment may also be required. Supporting documentation must be submitted by the 6 November deadline.
Who owns the device?
Devices remain the property of Trinity College. Students will be asked to sign a loan agreement with the college.
What is the spec of the device?
- Intel i5-10210U processor
- 8GB RAM
- 256 GB SSD
- 1366x768 screen resolution
- 5 Years Next Business Day Support
- Windows 10 Home
How can I apply?
The outcome of application and the distribution of laptops will take place the week of 16 November 2020.