Location: Berkeley Library Foyer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Library will not be facilitating physical access to reading rooms for visiting readers until further notice. This includes alumni, Music PAL card holders, staff & students of other universities, and members of the public. In addition, ALCID members should note that the ALCID scheme has been suspended for the 2020/21 academic year. If the situation changes we will update this page accordingly.
All members (staff and students) of the University are admitted to the Library of Trinity College Dublin reading rooms on production of:
- Your Trinity College Dublin ID card - we accept the physical ID card or the Trinity Live App ID, and
- On request, your booking confirmation e-mail - you can show us the confirmation e-mail on your phone, a picture of the confirmation if your phone does not have access to the Internet, or a print-out of the confirmation e-mail
Staff borrowing - the Library Bond
Staff are required to sign the Library Bond in order to borrow. The Library Bond is an indemnity to pay €650 in the situation that books are damaged or not returned. The sum is not paid in advance.
Bond forms should be completed, signed and returned.
This can be done by:
- Saving the PDF, completing the relevant information, and inserting a digital signature. Save the completed form and e-mail it to the Admissions Counter: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Completing the relevant information, and printing the form. Add a physical signature, then scan and e-mail it to the Admissions Counter: email@example.com; or
- Completing the relevant information, and printing the form. Add a physical signature, then post it to Library Admissions, c/o Berkeley Library, Library of Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2.