Subject Librarian - Margaret Rooney
Office Location: Lower Level, Hamilton Library
Telephone: +353 1 8962392
Subject Librarian Recommends...
Most Useful Databases
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: UK & Ireland
- Nature Journals
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses A&I
What is citation management software?
Citation management software allows a user to organise and retrieve information by interfacing with databases and websites. The citation manager then works with word-processing software to insert footnotes or citations into a paper and create a properly formatted bibliography.
- EndNote is a widely-used bibliographic reference software tool. Trinity College Dublin has a site licence for EndNote for College-owned computers, but a free web-based version is available to all. Help page for EndNote.
- Zotero is a free, open source, web-based tool for managing citations, organising PDFs and creating bibliographies
- Mendeley allows you to easily organize your papers, read & annotate your PDFs, collaborate in private or open groups, and securely access your research from everywhere
- Society for Applied Microbiology
SfAM is the oldest microbiology society in the UK, serving microbiologists around the world.