See also: Film Studies Subject Librarian page
Subject Librarian - John Cremin
Office Location: Third Floor, Ussher Library
Telephone: +353 1 8962733
School of Creative Arts formerly the School of Drama, Film and Music
Subject Librarian Recommends...
Most Useful Library Subscription Databases
- Academic Search Complete
- ACLS Humanities E-Book
- BHI: British Humanities Index
- British Periodicals
- Cambridge Journals Online
- Dictionary of Irish Biography
- Drama Online
- Index to Theses
- Irish Newspaper Archives
- Irish Times 1859- current issue, on The ProQuest Historical Newspapers platform.
- LexisNexis News and Business
- LION (LIterature ONline)
- MLA International Bibliography
- Project MUSE
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT) (was Dissertation Abstracts)
- Classic Irish Plays (NUIG Moore Institute / David Kellly)
- Playography Ireland: a comprehensive database of new Irish plays produced professionally since 1904 (Irish Theatre Institute)
- Entertainment.ie (News, Reviews)
- Guide to web resources in Drama Studies by Dr. Ken McCoy, Stetson University, Florida
- IndieWire screenplays.
IndieWire supplies a selection of screenplays each year which can be downloaded for free. This year's list includes "The Girl on the Train" by Erin Cressida Wilson, "Hail, Caesar!" (Joel and Ethan Coen) and "Sing Street", screenplay by John Carney (courtesy of The Weinstein Company). These scripts are for educational purposes only.
- Irish Film & TV Research Online (School of Drama, Film and Music, Trinity College Dublin)
- A website designed to bring together the wide diversity of research material relating to Irish-made cinema and television as well as to Irish-themed audio-visual representations produced outside of Ireland.
- It incorporates five searchable databases:
- Irish Theatre Institute
- National Association for Youth Drama
- Theatre Forum: Voice of Performing Arts: information, representation, training, research (Ireland).
- Vimeo. Shared videos
Find a book, thesis or journal title in the Library
- How to find a book. 1. Video (2:28 mns); 2. Online tutorial
- How to find a journal by title. Use the 'Journal's tab over the Stella search box on the Library's main page.
- Finding Theses. 1. Information on theses; 2.Online tutorial
- Borrowing and renewing
- More Library Online tutorials
Find online Articles and Databases in the Library system
- Specific databases for Drama
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences databases including Drama
- Large General Subject Databases
- Back to Subjects Home
Find films on DVD in the Library
- What do we have? Read this article on the Library's DVD collection in TCD University Times 2016/2017.
- Find a film. Search by title in Stella, Refine by (on the left hand side): Library Catalogue Only and Refine by: Format: DVD/Video.
- Visit the shelves in the Ussher (1st floor, beside the Drama and Film Studies books, 790s section) where all the DVDs are held together.
- If the DVD you want to watch can't be borrowed and you don't have a device with a suitable drive, there is a viewing room on the 2nd floor of the Ussher, called the Music Listening Room.
Please let the Subject Librarian know if TCD has access to other relevant databases and resources which are not being found using these searches.