The 7th conference of CERL’s (Consortium of European Research Libraries https://www.cerl.org/) European Manuscript Librarians Expert Group, hosted by the Library of Trinity College Dublin will take place 25-27 May 2016.
The primary aims of the Group are to act as a forum for curatorial concerns, and to enhance understanding and practical cooperation among curators across Europe. The conference will focus on these themes:
Commemorations and Anniversaries; Materiality; Post-digital issues and concerns.
Wednesday 25 May, 1315 – 2000
- Estelle Gittins, ‘Commemorating 1916 in the Library of Trinity College Dublin’
- Bernard Meehan, ‘The Faddan More Psalter’
- Susie Bioletti, ‘Early Results from the “Early Irish Manuscripts” Project’
- Jennifer Edmond, ‘CENDARI: what next?’
- Jane Ohlmeyer, ‘The 1641 Depositions: what now?’
Reception in Old Library with Book of Kells and exhibition of treasures
Thursday 26 May, 0930-1900
- Ad Leerintveld, ‘Authenticating the coat of arms in a Gruuthuse manuscript’
- Birgit Vinther Hansen, ‘Exhibition and fading of manuscripts: microfadometry and a lighting policy to increase exposure and reduce risk’
- Nicholas Pickwoad, ‘Ligatus: the importance of bindings and their description’
- Claire Breay, ‘Commemorating the 800th anniversary of Magna Carta in 2015’
- Allen Packwood, ‘The Churchill Papers: a modern historical epic’
- Gerhard Müller, “Understanding Archival Metadata and Shaping Perspectives on the Benefits of Standards beyond the Simple Search.”
Reception at Royal Irish Academy and viewing of early medieval Irish manuscripts. Conference dinner, 1930
Friday 27 May, 0915-1200, private visits to Marsh’s Library and the Chester Beatty Library
FURTHER PAPERS WILL BE ADDED. FULL INFORMATION AND BOOKING FORM WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY.
Caoimhe Ní Ghormáin