How the IT Service Desk will work in the new academic year
The IT Service Desk’s remote services remain fully available, and the primary ways of contacting us for support are via email, phone, webchat, or the Ask portal (ask.tcd.ie), as the majority of the queries we receive can be resolved remotely.
Face-to-face visits to our campus service in Aras an Phiarsaigh will operate by appointment only and is limited to cases that cannot be resolved remotely. The Service Desk will arrange an appointment for those whose IT query requires an on-campus presence. This is to adhere to social distancing guidelines and to ensure the safety of the Trinity community. We ask that you do not visit the Service Desk unless you have an appointment.
How will the IT Service Desk face-to-face service operate?
When the IT Service Desk cannot resolve your IT issue remotely, then the IT Service Desk will be able to make you an appointment to visit the IT Service Desk.
The IT Service Desk has been modified to ensure social distancing measures and other necessary requirements are in place to ensure we all stay safe.
What can I expect when I have an appointment to visit the IT Service Desk?
- When you contact the IT Service Desk and the team cannot resolve the issue online we will make an appointment for you to visit the IT Service Desk. Prior to visiting College, you will need to ensure you have answered the Self-Assessment Health Screening questions.
- Our appointments will be scheduled as far apart as possible to ensure we can maintain suitable distances and avoid any overcrowding.
- You will be asked whether you have been in contact with anybody who has been unwell or exhibited the symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have experienced any of the symptoms yourself. Please do not visit campus or accept your appointment at the IT Service Desk if you do have symptoms or answer positively to any if the questions, we will simply postpone your appointment for 2-3 weeks. This will enable us to ensure we keep our community at Trinity safe.
- We would ask that you attend your appointment unaccompanied. This is to reduce the number of contacts and people in the building and encourage social distancing. We understand that on some occasions, you need to attend with a someone and if you need to then this is perfectly acceptable.
- Please don’t be offended when you find us behind a Perspex screen. We would appreciate if you could pay attention to any floor marking that note 2m social distancing and please use your elbow or shoulder to open any doors. Be assured we are wiping and cleaning keyboard surfaces throughout the day.
- When you arrive, you won’t take a ticket to be called into the IT Service Desk. Please come into the IT Service Desk at your appointment time unless you can see someone else is visiting the IT Service Desk. If you can see someone else is already visiting the Service Desk then we ask that you wait until the Service Desk is available for you. Please wait either in the foyer or outside the building to minimise the number of people in the communal areas.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser when entering the IT Service Desk and offered the hand sanitiser when you exit the building.