TurningPoint Interactive Polling
The TurningPoint service has been integrated with Blackboard virtual learning environment (VLE) so that lecturers can easily create and access polls from Blackboard. This also means that question/poll lists can be created based on specific modules and allow students in that module to respond to the poll questions.
How do I create a poll for my students using Blackboard VLE?
If you have never used Turningpoint, then email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Turningpoint licence and account set-up. We'll be back in touch within 24 hours to let you know you're ready to get started.
Log into your blackboard account and use the Staff Help section to locate specific TurningPoint user guides for using TurningPoint from Blackboard to access and create poll question content.
During class or a presentation, students can respond to a poll from any device, Windows, Mac, Tablet, Smartphone by going to a specific url link (provided by the lecturer or presenter).
A few notes ...
- We do not recommend using TurningPoint polls for assessment scoring
- We do not recommend using TurningPoint polls as a method of recording attendance in class or at lectures
- The Licence will allow up to 500 participant students for any one poll to respond
Help and Advice on TurningPoint services
TurningPoint Webinar Recording
- This webinar is a comprehensive tutorial for staff on how to use the TurningPoint desktop and web add-in for PowerPoint.
Access recording here
Using the Service
- Online video tutorials: https://turningtechnologies.force.com/support/s/
- For help using Turningpoint polling within Blackboard or the Turningpoint desktop version (non-Blackboard), check out the staff help section within Blackboard.
- Issues using TurningPoint via Blackboard VLE should be logged with the IT Service desk.
- All other enquiries can be addressed to TurningPoint Support Desk:
- (p) +44(0)2890080172
- (e) email@example.com