Maintaining Trinity Websites using Dreamweaver
Prerequisites: This course is only for those who will be editing Trinity websites at www.tcd.ie or www.tcdlife.ie. Participants should be familiar with basic PC usage.
Topics: A list of the main topics is below. Please also see our video outlining the Maintaining Trinity Websites course.
- How Trinity websites work.
- Meeting accessibility requirements and other Trinity web design requirements
- The Dreamweaver interface & setup
- Configuring Dreamweaver to publish to the Trinity web server, www.tcd.ie
- Creating new web pages in an existing Trinity website.
- Updating existing Trinity web pages.
- Working with page elements - text, links, images, documents, shortcodes & tables
- Website backup & File deletion.
- An introduction to restricting access to folders on the website.
Duration: This course takes place over a single 3 hour session
Find more information about web publishing for a Trinity website, related pages include:
User Guides & Course Notes