Maintaining Trinity Websites using Dreamweaver
This training is designed specifically for Trinity College Dublin webauthors. Attendees will learn how to maintain content on their tcd.ie website using Dreamweaver.
Attendees of this course must either have an existing webauthor account or an application in with IT Services to receive a webauthor account.
A webauthor account is different to your normal network account. See Webauthor Account - General information for more details.
The training will cover the following:
- The Web Server and Webauthors.
- How to Connect, Upload, Download and Delete files and folders from the Web Server.
- How files and folders correspond to URLs.
- Good housekeeping rules around file and folder management.
- Basics of HTML and how Dreamweaver creates HTML for you.
- Adding links and images via Dreamweaver.
- Best practices around writing content.
- How to fix common issues with broken layouts.
- The Trinity Theme 2015 and its functionality.
* Training takes place over two afternoons. You are required to attend both sessions.