Microsoft Office - IT Training for Trinity Staff & Students
Office 365 Essentials (online course)
This online course combines two separate short courses from LinkedIn Learning online to give you a complete overview of Office 365; these courses include Learning Office 365 & Getting Work Done in Office 365.
|Learning Office 365||Getting work done in Office 365|
Access this course online at Office 365 Essentials
Duration: 3hr, 32m
Curated by: Meagan Bittman
Microsoft Word 2019 Essential Training (online course)
Introduction: This is a beginners-intermediate level course dealing with the use of Microsoft Word 2016. Participants should be familiar with the basics of Microsoft Word. The course covers some advanced features of Word so a reasonable working knowledge of the application is recommended. This is an online learning skills development service delivered by LinkedIn Learning.
Topics: Word provides some powerful tools for both managing and formatting documents. The focus in this online course is in introducing participants to the following features:
- Formatting text
- Formatting pages
- Using styles & Themes
- Using Macros
- Proofing your document
- Sharing documents with others.
Online training with LinkedIn Learning
Data Processing with Excel
Prerequisites: This is a beginners-intermediate level course dealing with the use of Microsoft Excel. Participants should be familiar with the basics of Microsoft Excel. The course covers some advanced features of Excel so a reasonable working knowledge of the application is recommended.
Topics: Excel provides some powerful for both managing and processing data. The focus in this course is in introducing participants the the following features:
- list in Excel
- sorting and filtering lists
- building formulas, including the use of Excel built-in functions
- use of Paste Special
- the IF function
- cell references, relative and absolute references
- linking worksheets
- summarising data using Subtotal
- Excel charts
- using Pivot Tables to summarise data
Duration: This course takes place over a half day.
Effective Presentations using PowerPoint
Prerequisites: Participants should be familiar with the basics of PC usage and ideally have some experience using MS Office applications such as MS Word.
Topics: This course is intended as a basic introduction to PowerPoint and will cover the basics of PowerPoint, including:
- How to get PowerPoint for your computer and how to access it online using Office 365
- Where to find Trinity branded presentations
- How to create more meaningful and impactful slides for your presentation
- Exercise: Plan and create a short PowerPoint presentation using text, shapes, animations and considering advice presented in course
Duration: This course takes place over a single 2-hour session
Presenters: Meagan Bittman
Project Essential Training
Introduction: Microsoft Project is a project management solution designed for enterprises of all sizes. It features project scheduling, which allows project managers to define project tasks, assign them to the team, and track in-progress assignments. This is an online learning skills development service delivered by LinkedIn Learning.
- Choosing the right Project edition
- Creating and saving projects
- Setting up calendars
- Creating individual and recurring tasks
- Linking and timing tasks
- Assigning tasks to resources
- Viewing your data differently with sorting, grouping, and filtering
- Fine-tuning the project schedule
- Understanding baseline, schedule, and actual values
- Reporting on the project status
- Sharing projects
Online training with LinkedIn Learning
Access 2019 Essential Training (online course)
Introduction: Learn how to wrangle your data and gain deeper insights by leveraging the power of Microsoft Access 2019. In this course, Access expert Adam Wilbert shows how to use Access to build databases that help you store and retrieve your data more efficiently.
Adam begins by going over the concepts behind relational databases. He then discusses how to build tables—the foundation of any database—as well as how to define the relationships between tables and use queries to find and filter data. He also steps through how to build an interface for the database from forms, complete with combo boxes; create reports for printing and sharing; and take steps to maintain your database.
- Determine the essential uses for the Trust Center.
- Explore the functions of the database Navigation pane.
- Recognize the fundamentals of entering data when using Access.
- Identify the necessary steps when importing a table when using Access.
- Break down the fundamentals of filtering and sorting table data in Access.
- Identify the method utilized when building queries in Design view.
- Determine the role of forms in Access.
- Examine all of the elements involved in maintaining a database in Access.
- Explore how to properly protect an Access database with a password.