Creative Media - IT Training for Trinity Staff & Students
InDesign CC (online course)
Adobe InDesign CC is a great tool for laying out text and graphics for both print and digital publications.
In this online course, you will get a 'quick start' video tutorial (just over 30 minutes) - which includes practise files - to get yourself up & running right away with the fundamentals of InDesign.
Also included is InDesign Essentials; this section of the course is a more thorough look at the core features available in InDesign.
Please note that this course works with Adobe InDesign CC. If you have an older version of InDesign, then you will notice that the screens and visuals will look slightly different.
|InDesign Quick Start (30 mins)||InDesign Essential Training (5hrs, 15mins)|
Access this course online at InDesign CC Essentials
Duration: 5hrs, 45mins
Curated by: Meagan Bittman
Maintaining Trinity Websites using Dreamweaver
This training is designed specifically for Trinity College Dublin webauthors. Attendees will learn how to maintain content on their tcd.ie website using Dreamweaver.
Attendees of this course must have an existing webauthor account.
A webauthor account is different to your normal network account. See Webauthor Account - General information for more details.
The training will cover the following:
- The Web Server and Webauthors.
- How to Connect, Upload, Download and Delete files and folders from the Web Server.
- How files and folders correspond to URLs.
- Good housekeeping rules around file and folder management.
- Basics of HTML and how Dreamweaver creates HTML for you.
- Adding links and images via Dreamweaver.
- Best practices around writing content.
- How to fix common issues with broken layouts.
- The Trinity Theme 2015 and its functionality.
* Training takes place over two afternoons. You are required to attend both sessions.
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
Prerequisites: This course is for beginners, but you should have a basic understanding of how to use a PC.
Topics: This course is an introduction to Photoshop. This course will:
- Show you where to find Photoshop on campus and how to get it for your computer
- Strip away the complexity of Photoshop by providing a tour around the Photoshop Workspace
- Focus on basic tools and essential features
- Teach you to how to work with digital images and prepare images for print
- Exercise: Prepare & create a Trinity Research / Event poster or leaflet
Duration: This course takes place over a single 2.5-hour session
Presenter: Meagan Bittman
Online training with LinkedIn Learning