Staff Email - How to set Filters in Gmail to whitelist specific addresses
In order to prevent email from certain addresses from going into the Spam folder in Gmail you can set Filters to ensure email from listed addresses do not go into the Spam folder. Please follow the steps below to do this.
- Sign-in to your Gmail account as normal
- Click on the Gear icon towards the top right and choose Settings
- Click the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Select Create a new filter
- In the Filter window type @tcd.ie in the From: field (or whatever address or domain you wish to whitelist), and click Create a filter with this search towards the bottom right of the window. This will ensure all email sent from @tcd.ie accounts will be delivered successfully.
- Tick the box beside ‘Never send it to Spam’ and then click Create filter
- You can repeat the steps above in order to 'whitelist' emails from other specific addresses or 'domains' e.g. @gmail.com.