Stolen or lost Trinity device - What do you do?
For ALL Trinity-owned devices
Step 1: Report device as stolen/lost
- If you suspect your device has been stolen report the theft to An Garda Síochána.
- Contact the Trinity Data Protection Office on email@example.com
- Report the theft/loss to your School or departmental asset register administrator.
Step 2: Change passwords
If your device is not encrypted, we recommend you change any passwords that you believe may have been stored or saved in memory on the device. If you need to check if your device has been encrypted or not, please contact the IT Service Desk.
Don't assume that there is no trace of the passwords you use for online accounts. To be on the safe side, it is a good idea to reset ALL your passwords, including your email accounts.
For Trinity-owned mobile phones
As soon as your Trinity-owned mobile phone is stolen/lost:
- Call Three Ireland on 1913
- The Three Ireland business support team can block the phone and SIM card so no unauthorised charges will be incurred.
- Contact IT Services via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01 896 2050
- IT Services can issue a remote wipe command to delete all data on the phone and help protect Trinity data from unauthorised access.
- If you require a replacement phone, please contact your school or area administrator.