World Environment Day
Friday 5th June is World Environment Day
To celebrate this global awareness event, LinkedIn Learning are suggesting some resources in relation to sustainability and nature. Why not take a few moments today to think about how you can live more sustainably and become closer to nature.
The Employee’s Guide to Sustainability
The Employee's Guide to Sustainability is a LinkedIn Learning course that highlights what impact each of us has on the environment and tips on how we can become more sustainable in the way we lead our lives both at home and at work. It takes 50 minutes to complete and is divided into different topics/videos with each taking around two to four minutes to view.
Consider exploring at least one of these topics today and challenge yourself into adopting some of the suggested habits into your life to have a more positive impact on the environment:
- What is sustainability and why should I care? (2:24 min)
- Calculating your carbon footprint (2:48 min)
- Improve energy efficiency (3:16 min)
- The power of clean energy (3:44 min)
- Find your sustainable commute option (3:03 min)
- Curb the impact of business travel (3:28 min)
- Explore the lifecycle of things (3:03 min)
- Support a sustainable supply chain (3:57 min)
- Reduce food waste (2:56 min)
- Reduce, reuse, recycle (4:08 min)
- The impacts of your diet (3:08 min)
- Get into nature (2:56 min)
- Choose sustainable seafood (3:18 min)
- Protect our water resources (3:39 min)
- Doing more good together (2:11 min)
Nature as a Source of Happiness
The Nature as a Source of Happiness video is part of the course “Happiness Tips” on LinkedIn Learning and highlights how incorporating more nature into your life can positively impact your happiness. The length of this video is approximately five minutes.
About LinkedIn Learning
All students and staff at Trinity College Dublin have full, free, and unlimited access to this online library that teaches the latest software tools, business and creative skills through high-quality instructional videos taught by recognised industry experts. You can access the tutorials at lil.tcd.ie.
For further information, visit our Online Learning with LinkedIn Learning web page.