TCDconnect - How to connect other supported devices to the student Wi-Fi network
In order to successfully follow the steps below you must be in an area of Trinity with Wi-Fi coverage (see the Trinity Wi-Fi coverage information page). Once you have completed the first set of steps below you will be able to register on the TCDconnect service, connect to the Trinity Wi-Fi network and gain fast, secure internet access.
Step 1: Connect your device to TCDwifi:
- View the available Wi-Fi networks on your device:
- Linux: Open the Wireless management utility.
- Chrome OS: Click the Wi-Fi symbol in the upper right corner.
- Kindle: Select the main menu (three lines) and then Settings, then select Wi-Fi Networks.
- Select TCDwifi from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Enter the short version of your Trinity username (e.g. 'jbloggs' and not 'firstname.lastname@example.org') and your network login password.
- If asked for ‘Wireless security’ or ‘Security Type’ choose ‘WPA2 Enterprise’.
- If asked for ‘Encryption type’ choose ‘AES’.
- If asked for ‘Authentication’ or ‘EAP Method’ choose ‘Protected EAP (PEAP)’.
- If asked for ‘CA Certificate’ choose ‘Do not validate’ or ‘No certificate is required’.
- If asked for ‘Inner authentication’ or ‘Phase-2 authentication’ choose ‘MSCHAPV2’.
- Click Connect.
Step 2: Scan and Register your device:
To complete the process and get internet access you must now register your computer for the TCDconnect service. This process includes running a security scan to register your device and ensure that it meets the minimum security requirements..
- Launch a web browser and browse to https://tcdnac.tcd.ie. You should see the TCDconnect service terms and conditions page.
- Follow the web page instructions until you come to the main Registration web page.
- In the box towards the end of the Registration page enter the short version of your Trinity username (e.g. jbloggs and not email@example.com) and your network login password.
- Click Download to download the Dissolvable Agent file.
- Once the Dissolvable Agent file has been downloaded, if it does not run automatically then run it to begin the scan.
- When the scan completes a results page will be displayed. If your device passes the scan then you will be connected within 90 seconds.
If your device fails the scan then click the listed item(s) on the results page and follow the displayed link(s) to see instructions on how to update your computer, before downloading and running the scan once more.
Important to know: If you do not use the TCDconnect service for 75 days you will need to re-register by repeating the steps above.