TCDconnect - Network Clinic
If you've followed the steps on our TCDconnect connection process pages but are having difficulty connecting your device to the TCDconnect service then please read through our FAQ. If you still need help then we have one-to-one Network Clinic support available throughout the year.
In order to serve you in the best possible way we provide peer support with our Network Access Advisors at the following times and locations:
IT Service Desk in Áras an Phiarsaigh from 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday.
Room 2051 Arts Building from 11am-2pm, Tuesday and Thursday.
East End Concourse from 11am-2pm, Wednesday.
To get help with TCDconnect queries please visit the us on the ground floor in Áras an Phiarsaigh during the above times. We have an Information Desk open from 10am-4pm daily, where we can help with quick queries. If visiting the IT Service Desk then you will need to take a numbered ticket from the ticket dispenser and wait for your number to be called on the overhead display.
Before visiting us please check the following:
- Check that your current password is working. The easiest way to check your password is working is to try logging into Blackboard at mymodule.tcd.ie. If you think you need help with your password please call into the IT Service Desk in Áras an Phiarsaigh.
- Please bring your power supply for your laptop or mobile device.
- Windows users are encouraged to run Windows Update prior to attending as this can be very time-consuming and take up to 30 minutes or more to complete if updates are required.
- Those using the 'wired' network service in residences must know their building and room number and the network point code, which is on the wall socket where the network cable is inserted.
- Disclaimer: All support and advice regarding changes, new software installations or downloads required to help you connect your own device to the College network is accepted at your own risk.