Lecture Capture Service (Panopto)
Lecture Capture Service (Panopto)
The Panopto Lecture Capture Service allows you to record, edit, share and stream video, audio, Powerpoint and screen capture content for audiences such as your staff colleagues, your students, and other third parties or the public. It manages your recordings for you using a cloud based content management storage system. You can also record from within Blackboard (mymodule.tcd.ie) and post directly to your module.
At present, this service is available in all Senior Lecturer Area PCs and Macs, on all Macs in St. James's lecture theatres, in the TBSI Tercentenary and Quek Theatres, and Trinity Theatre in Tallaght Hospital. Trinity staff can also install the Panopto software on their own device (PC, Mac, iOS, and Android) to make screen-capture recordings, or video recordings. If you are a member of staff who wishes to install Panopto on your device, please see instructions below in the Related Pages section of this page.
A recent release of Panopto v10 now supports Mac computers with macOS Big Sur (v11). If you have an older version of Panopto on your Mac, you will be prompted to update it to Panopto v10.
However, if your MacBook has an Apple M1 processor*, it will not be compatible with Panopto v10. Panopto are working on releasing a compatible version in the first quarter of 2021. In the meantime, if you are running macOS Big Sur with the M1 processor, you can use other recording facilities such as Blackboard Collaborate or Microsoft Teams and upload the .mp4 file to the Blackboard Panopto site.
*The M1 processor is only in certain models of MacBook released since November 2020.
Who can use this service
- Trinity staff who are already setup as instructors on modules in Blackboard and who wish to make a recording available for their module(s).
- Trinity staff who will not be using Blackboard but who wish to record, edit and share a screen-capture or video recording.
- Where recordings are required for non-Trinity events the event will need to have a sponsor from Trinity who takes responsibility to record and distribute the recording.
- If recording using the available PC or Mac in a Senior Lecturer theatre (IT Services managed theatres only) then all required hardware and software is already installed - just follow the recording steps linked to below. Please note that Panopto does not provide a recording software client for Google Chromebook devices, so this means staff can't record lecture content using a Chromebook device, but students can watch Panopto generated recordings using their Chromebook’s web browser feature.
- If recording using your own laptop or desktop then you will need to first install the Panopto software. You will also need a mic (often built-in on laptops) and you will need a webcam if you wish to record video other than standard screen-capture.
Installing and Using Panopto - PC User Guide
Installing and Using Panopto - Mac User Guide
Panopto how-to video guides
Learn about the Panopto video editor by viewing the Panopto how-to video guides.
Installation and Setup
Recording, Editing and Sharing
Help and Advice
Search the Knowledge Base for answers to commonly asked questions. Still need help? Contact the IT Service Desk by one of the below methods. Service desk opening hours are:
Need further help?
Monday - Thursday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Search the Knowledge Base for answers to commonly asked questions.
Still need help? Contact the IT Service Desk by one of the below methods.
Service desk opening hours are: