Policy on IT Services computer rooms usage
- Only holders of valid Trinity computer account usernames are permitted to use IT Services computer room equipment
- Users are obliged to produce a vaid Trinity ID card when requested to do so by a member of IT Services staff
- IT Services Computer Rooms are provided to facilitate students in conducting their academic and course work. Students using the computers and other equipment for personal use may be asked to vacate the facilities when they are required for legitimate academic use by other students or Trinity staff.
- It is strictly forbidden to use private computer equipment in IT Services Computer Rooms. Students wishing to use their personal computers on the Trinity data network may avail of TCDconnect service network facilities.
- Eating, drink or the use of mobile phones is strictly forbidden in the IT Services Computer Rooms.
- Where a teaching class is scheduled for one of the rooms, then all users must vacate the computers before the class starts. In some cases the lecturer may permit others to use the room during classes, however this is totally at the discretion of the lecturer who has booked the room.
- The playing of computer games is strictly forbidden in IT Services Computer Rooms
Policy on backing up Personal Filestorage
Each user is obliged to monitor and maintain the amount of space they have used in their Personal Filestorage to ensure they do not exceed the 100MB quota, and to back up any critical files they have stored there. IT Services is not responsible for backing up the data in users' filestorage folders.