About MyZone student email
MyZone Service Outline
The email service for Trinity students is called MyZone and can be accessed online at http://myzone.tcd.ie. Your Trinity email address takes the form 'email@example.com'. The MyZone service is hosted by Google and so gives you access to other features including a calendar, Drive (with unlimited data storage) and more.
Please note you will receive official Trinity email to your MyZone account regarding your College work and other developments and so you are expected to check this account regularly. When you finish your time in Trinity you can keep your MyZone account and your @tcd.ie email address.
For information regarding Google's terms and conditions please see Google's terms of service.
Benefits and key features
- Available from any computer or mobile device with internet access at http://myzone.tcd.ie
- Unlimited space to store your email and data files and shared calendars
- Central destination for official Trinity communication
- You keep your @tcd.ie email address for life
For the latest up-to-date particulars, please see Google's terms of service.
If you haven't done so already, then please note that new students must set their own password for before being able to sign-in to MyZone. You'll need to know your username and initial network login password, provided in an Intray Message at my.tcd.ie during online registration. Once you're ready to set your password please visit mypassword.tcd.ie and click the Set Password link. Enter your username and initial network login password and then you'll be able to enter and verify a new password.
Sign-In & Access Email, Calendar and Data Storage
- Browse to http://myzone.tcd.ie
- When you reach the main MyZone page you can then sign in to MyZone, via the 'Sign in' link at the top left of the page. You will then be brought to Google's Sign in page where you need to enter your Trinity email address in the form firstname.lastname@example.org, and your MyZone password. If you have not signed into MyZone before then please note that you must have set your own password before being able to sign in - see the Set your Password section above.
- Once you have signed in successfully for the first time you will need to accept Google's terms of service. You will then be brought to your email inbox. You can access other services such as calendar and data storage (Drive) via the Apps icon at the top right of the screen.
Drive - Data Storage
The Drive service allows you to create new documents and upload data files for storage in your MyZone account. The capacity of this online data storage location is unlimited and as it is part of your Trinity MyZone account it means you can access any files stored here from any computer with internet access via http://myzone.tcd.ie. As you retain your MyZone account when you finally leave Trinity, files uploaded to this Drive area will also remain available to you when your time in Trinity ends.
- Once you have signed in to MyZone successfully you will be able to access this service via the Drive link via the Apps icon at the top right of the screen. This brings you to the main Drive screen.
- If you wish to upload files into your Drive area then choose New - File upload on the left and you will be able to browse to, select and upload the required file
Further information and assistance in using the Drive service is available via Google's Drive Help web pages. This information is also available via the Settings icon at the top right of the Drive window.
As the MyZone service is provided by Google it can be affected by any global issues concerning Google Apps such as Gmail. The Google Apps Status Dashboard highlights current issues and expected resolution times.