How to change your password (students)
Option 1: Using Trinity MyPassword
MyPassword is a web-based service that Trinity students can use, it will allow you to change your MyZone password in tandem with your Trinity network login password. You can use it from anywhere with internet access.
Option 2: Using a computer connected to college.tcd.ie domain
It is very easy for you to change your network login password only, using a Windows computer connected to the college.tcd.ie domain.
Here are the steps to change your password using a computer connected to college.tcd.ie domain:
- On the keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Click Change a password.
- Type the old password, then the new password and confirm it.
Option 3: Using Password Manager
Password Manager is an alternative web-based service that Trinity students can use, however it will only allow you to change your network login password, but not your MyZone password.
- Browse to the Password Manager login page at https://password.tcd.ie.
- Enter your username (do not include @tcd.ie) and under Select location: select COLLEGE (all student Trinity accounts are in the COLLEGE domain). Click OK.
- Click Manage My Passwords
- Type your current network login password
- Type and confirm your new network login password. Click Finish to proceed.
Passwords are often broken, stolen or cracked without the knowledge of the victim. For instance, this can happen as a result of a phishing email or through malware.
Very often stolen passwords are not used immediately. If you change your password regularly, even if your password is somehow stolen, the thief does not have the opportunity to use it.
You can use either method listed below to change your Trinity network login password.