Higher Education Payroll Shared Services (HEPSS) Project: Payroll Changes for Employees
Context & Overview
The Education Shared Business Services Centre (ESBS) has been established by the Government to deliver shared services to the Education and Training Sector.
As a result, three Higher Education Institutions (Trinity College Dublin, Waterford Institute of Technology and Marino Institute of Education) are to migrate some of their services to ESBS. Your pay will be processed by ESBS instead of your institution in 2021.
Some changes with the introduction of the ESBS Shared Services
Pay Frequency Changes
Pay frequency changes will affect some employees. All employees currently on a weekly payroll will transition to fortnightly payroll which is aligned to the ESBS standardised fortnightly pay. Employees will need to prepare for this transition in advance to reduce the impact.
Key dates for TCD pay frequency changes:
- Go Live Dates are to be confirmed.
Further information can be found on the FAQ page.
An online portal (CorePortal) will be available to all staff members (except Casual Staff) which will give 24/7 access to the following information and facilities:
- Payslips available to view online and to print.
- Facility to update your personal information such as your address and bank account details.
- A phone app will also be available to view and print your payslip
What do I need to do?
What to do to make sure you are ready for this transformation:
- Talk to the HR Helpdesk if you have queries about the transition of services to ESBS – 01 8963333/email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also review the Employee Onboarding Document which is on the website. This document provides detailed information about the transition of services and additional FAQs.
- In preparation for the transition of services, please ensure the following is complete:
- Contact your bank to inform them of any changes impacting your accounts e.g. direct debits.
- Please review your deductions e.g. credit union payments etc. and liaise with your institution.
- Please note that any deduction already going through payroll will continue to go through payroll. The amount will be automatically changed in line with the fortnightly payroll.
Further information can be found on our FAQ page.
You can download the explanatory document here.