Through the introduction of a three day induction event for all new academic staff, we provide a fast track for integration and knowledge on services and key personnel in the University.
As part of the induction programme you will meet the Provost, the Vice Provost/Chief Academic Officer, the Faculty Deans and the Dean of Research. In addition, staff from key service areas will present to you how to access services and what you need to know in the early stages of your academic life in Trinity College Dublin.
Areas /Project Teams that you will encounter during induction include:
- Director of Public Affairs and Communications.
- Trinity Education Project.
- Senior Tutor who will talk about the tutorial service in Trinity.
- Global Relations, the role it plays and how you can participate.
- Trinity Research and Innovation and the Research Development Office.
There will also be a teaching and learning discussion panel.
This induction provides an opportunity to build a network across the faculties at an early stage. This is particularly relevant for Assistant Professors as they embark on their academic career.
The induction process will consist of an intensive three day programme, followed by an appointment 6-8 weeks later with a member of the Learning & Development Team to follow up on your integration into Trinity.
Biographies of Speakers
The following are the slides for Day 1
- The University Structure and Key Service Areas
- Sustainable College
- Full pack /Complete set of slides from day 1
The following are the slides for Day 2
- Global Relations
- The Tutorial Service
- Trinity Education Project
- Media Skills – Communications - There were no slides at this presentation, however, we include Slides from the Public Affairs and Communications Office on key services / and contact points [from a previous event that we feel are useful]